hairball 1176 rev d low frequency

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrys

Hi everyone
Today I noticed a strange thing that I didn't hear before
when I use my diy 1176 rev d there is something wrong on very low frequency. ...
seems that the frequency under 60 Hz desappear when I use the compressor...
I can't understand what's the problem, no hum no distorsion, but it's like to have a hi pass filter on 50 Hz..
That's my first diy 1176 I can't understand if this is normal or not....when I use the cla 1176 plug-in everything is normal and I can hear the very low frequency. ...Could you pleade guys help me?
Than you so much for every support

C.

No one?
I tried to misure the frequency
under 100 hz and i loose 8 Db from 90hz to 50hz. ..
any ideal?
Thanks

Chrys said:
No one?
I tried to misure the frequency
under 100 hz and i loose 8 Db from 90hz to 50hz. ..
any ideal?
Thanks

Measure right after the input transformer.  If you're see the loss there, you might have a bad input transformer.

Thanks Jacob for your suggest. ..I usuale plug the compresso outta preamp or I use it with my daw as an external processor connetting my presonus out with the 1176 through the patchbay and back To presonus. ..following the suggest of hairball guy ( sorry I don't remember your name) I tried a lil test with multimeter and sign generator from the daw right alter the imput tranny And seems it has low voltage at some frequency. ...
Next week I will meeting a Friend, He's got the scope and cool equipment so I ' ll Let you guys know. ...
Thank you so much guy for The Great halp
Chrys

Ya one time a year ago we had a guy who's FET comp was rolling off below 200Hz.  Turned out it was a bad/damaged input.  The signal strength at the input tx secondary should be the virtually same 20-20K.

Unless of course there is a loading issue as Jakob suggests.

Mike

Chrys said:
Thanks Jacob for your suggest. ..I usuale plug the compresso outta preamp or I use it with my daw as an external processor connetting my presonus out with the 1176 through the patchbay and back To presonus. ..following the suggest of hairball guy ( sorry I don't remember your name) I tried a lil test with multimeter and sign generator from the daw right alter the imput tranny And seems it has low voltage at some frequency. ...
Next week I will meeting a Friend, He's got the scope and cool equipment so I ' ll Let you guys know. ...
Thank you so much guy for The Great halp
Chrys

Yes Mike, unfortunately I'm not a electronic pro, so I hope this friend of mine can help me to understand if it's really an imput tx problem....what I can tell you as I post before is about the volts I misure with my multimeter generating signals on my daw
if , for exaple, I misure 2v on input xlr at 1khz, after the tx I have 1,4 v but at 40hz I have 0,3v ....
If the problem is in tx, you will receive a new order soon :)
Thanks a lot!
C.

Sounds like it could also be a capacitor value that is a tenth of what it should be. Maybe you have a 0.,1uF where there should be a 1uF?

Sure gswan,  this was my first though...but I'm almost sure I put the right caps. ..low frequency seems to die right after the input tx..When I'll meet my friend this week I'll post the frequency responce of the tx

Ok guys I solved  the problem :)
It was the input tx as Mike suggested me....
I get the tx yesterday and I mouted  it just 30 miutes ago, did some test, et voilà! 
Now I have the missing low frequency and everything is working perfectly
I just wanted to say thank you so much to Mike from hairball audio to send me the new transformer and the new front panel that looks perfect!
Also many thanks to you all  guys for the great help
Can't wait to build another 1176... it kicks a**  8) 8)

Latest posts

Back