Hairball Audio: 1176 Stereo Linking PCBs Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hairball Audio said:
They definitely have marking on them. They are hard for some people to see for some reason, it comes up occasionally. They are on one side, get them under bright light.  You can also try dusting them with a fine powder, sometimes that sticks to the printing.

Capacitance testing small value caps is weird because you probes/terminals will have more capacitance then the cap. However you can still sort them by the elevated value to figure out which cap is which.

Mike

Who was the genius at TDK or whatever that thought black lettering on a dark blue surface was a good idea?

So I have tried to photograph them and zoom in, and I can't for the life of me make out what the hieroglyphics say. I *THINK* two say 104, which would make sense, but it is blurry AF.

Anyway. I know it's extra work but why not tape together the two common values when you bag them?

Ricardus said:
Who was the genius at TDK or whatever that thought black lettering on a dark blue surface was a good idea?

So I have tried to photograph them and zoom in, and I can't for the life of me make out what the hieroglyphics say. I *THINK* two say 104, which would make sense, but it is blurry AF.

Anyway. I know it's extra work but why not tape together the two common values when you bag them?

I get  maybe 1 complaint every 3-4 years about it and I'm already spending WAY too much time sorting all the kits.  I'm the only person here, I have to draw the line somewhere.  If more people had issues I'd figure it out.

What if the link switch is on but the cable is disconnected? Would the behaviour be the same as when the switch is off?

I'm thinking about adding a switch to the rack, so I won't have to access the back of the units...

Back