Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fragletrollet said:
What are the difference between the 500-series 1176`s and the "standard" ones (if comparing the same revisions)? I`m guessing that the 500-series ones might have a little less headroom due to the lower power used? Anything else?

Nope, gain is the same (45-50 dB depending on rev).  The rails are the exact same (+30V and a - bias rail), it's explained on the MNATS site.  Keep in mind +16 and -16 is still a 32V swing.

500 series have a slightly higher noise floor but we've only noticed it in measurement.  500 series does add the 2:1, true bypass and more responsive metering.

Mike

dmp said:
Oops, EA-1166  neve output
Sorry, number typo

Oh I think we might be discontinuing the full sized and just stocking the 500 series.  I need to chat with Ed.

I wouldn't wait around for them.

the 500 fet boards are available separately ?  I've been meaning to build one as a guitar pedal
which I believe " slideRig " is, thanks

Just got your new 1176 rack case today. It is the BOMB! Thanks so much. Looks Beautiful! Meter looks Authentic too! Will tally up what is left and order again. Thanks Mike!

John

ChrioN said:
Are the new 1176 PCBs exclusive to the FET/RACK kits, or can they be bought elsewhere? I got some cases already.  :-\
I can't speak for Hairball, but the new FET/RACK was designed as a whole rather than PCB + Case. Unless your case was designed specifically for the new FET/RACK boards they are unlikely to work correctly. Crucially, two of the three brackets at the back of the board are for chassis and signal ground while all three aid the structural integrity of the finished unit.

Just finished 2 Rev/F builds. Waiting on a part missing from one. However, when i plug in one to calibrate, the top meter(Gain meter?) all the LEDs are lit..Can't be right. Nothing seems to change it.

Any tips?

Mike,
You've got some bad links to your website
Start with the links in your signature...

Blackdawg, go to the support thread in dynamic processors - no one is going to see your post here.

Latest posts

Back