Happy Thanksgiving

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

Walking down the hall at my job today, I saw a "Happy Thanksgiving" poster which featured a cartoon of a pilgrim strangling a turkey. Then I thought, how perverse we are, to celebrate life and happiness by devouring the corpse of a fellow living being who has been cruelly deprived of both.

Such thoughts led me to become a vegetarian nearly two decades ago and I've never regretted it, not for one moment.

Have a good one.

--Dave

how perverse we are, to celebrate life and happiness

"celebrate?" isn't that some kind of marketing speak? (yowza yowza ...)

http://www.processedpeople.com/
(the burgerguy could be Les claypools' brother, isn't there some cheesy similarity?)

Thanksgiving..

A holiday celebrating my Native American ancestors giving food to a bunch of starving and freezing brits.  Reminds me of the Ant and the Grasshopper fable..

In return they gave us Smallpox and a few spots of land that the government didn't find useful.

I have a bird beer brining in my fridge as we speak. I'm about to light a fire in the smoker so that her flavor can be celebrated later today. I celebrate meat, but that isn't what makes this holiday morbid.

Hug a Native American today.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gotta lighten-up with things beyond your control, like the past, how other people eat, or historical distortions.  It is hard to be thankful, but it is important to try.

I forgot about Thanksgiving.  Christmas has been pushed so hard since "back to school" was over. 
I have so much for which I am thankful; some turkey and trimmings are the least of it.  We cooked for others last night, and we are going with some baked sweet potatoes to friends' today.

Hug an indian?  Probably not, but I will kiss a few Lombards and Panagorians today :thumb: :thumb:

Mike

Hope you had a good day everyone. Its funny how when you have lost several things you were thankful for, you miss those big dinners and the major effort to come together. Its now just my sister and I and my fiance, and this is the first big day that my sister has been out of town. Cynics would say this is manufactured but it does make me stop and appreciate (again,)what my mom had done for us those years. During my mom's last year on earth, I literally waited on her day and night like I should have back then but at least I was able to do for her and it helped her emmensely only for her to pass from a second issue. And I am thankful that I was able to show her the love and respect I had for her. If I hadnt, I would absolutely regret it.

NewYorkDave said:
Such thoughts led me to become a vegetarian nearly two decades ago and I've never regretted it, not for one moment.

Have a good one.

--Dave

A fellow vegetarian?

analag

Back