Harper & Page

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Not sure if I posted this before or not , I thought a few here might like it ,
I tell you what though I never heard Ovation guitars sound so good , pity the tape ran out before the end .

I felt that needed a follow up ,
Anne Briggs and Bert Jansch ,
That style of ornamentation on the vocals is still to be heard in the further flung parts of England, Ireland and Scotland , almost medievil

I said I'd round it out with this piece ,
Buzzy's 'thats the bag I'm in' improv version

Not sure if I posted this before or not , I thought a few here might like it ,
I tell you what though I never heard Ovation guitars sound so good , pity the tape ran out before the end .

I know that video and being a Zeppelin and Page fan I can't really watch it.
Jimmy was in really bad shape, he just got in a really dark place after Bonzo died and Zeppelin ended.
He was really high on Heroin and seems to be or high or strung out in the video, he is playing terrible and actually destroys the song. Some reports say that he stopped playing guitar for some years after Bonzo died.

I guess Led Zeppelin was his life, he dedicated himself to the band for more than 10 years so he never found himself again after Led Zeppelin ended. I followed his works over the years, but only the Plant & Page "Unleaded" record is good in 40 years time.

Its an impromtu jam on the side of a hill , I dont really mind if he's off his chops on this or that .
A lot of other famous musicians from that period were on the junk too , the Stones went to the trouble of documenting the debauchery in cocksucker blues , but then witheld the movie from public view because they were afraid of the effect it might have. A lot of great albums were made 'high' , true enough what you say though over the longer term creativity and drive suffers as the junk gets its claws in .

Latest posts

Back