Haufe T8845 - what to do with it? ( datasheet inside )

Help Support GroupDIY:

rock soderstrom

Bee with temporary limited flying abilities
Hi guys, I just stumbled across this Haufe transformer and was wondering what to do with it.

The datasheet is not very informative, the transfer factor strange.  Could it be reinterpreted as 1:30?

Is the transformer perhaps suitable for a ribbon microphone?

Ideas?

Attachments

• Haufe T8845.jpg
    Haufe T8845.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 25

volker

The transformer has an overall noise resistance of 134R. The Lundahl LL2912 at 1:37 has 127R. So I'd say it's definitely in the right ballpark to give it a try.
Inductance would be roughly 3mH. Could result in a bit of bass shyness, that depends on the resistance of the ribbon.

rock soderstrom

Bee with temporary limited flying abilities
Thank you Volker! Do you think that the slightly smaller transfer ratio can be a big problem? I guess I just have to dial in more gain at the mic preamp. Right?

One more question, how do you come to the 134R noise resistance? Can you enlighten me, I am a little clueless? 😅

Last edited:

volker

I would just try it out. It won't be the lowest noise possible, but I think it will work ok. Like I said, I'm not so sure about the bass response. I don't know how a ribbon transformer is usually wound in that regard, whether they aim for maximum power transfer or rather a bridging load.

Calculation: take the primary resistance multiplied with the square of the transformer ratio plus the secondary resistance.

NR = 0,13R x 30² + 15R

Latest posts