Having a nightmare with simple txf wiring!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
When incandescent bulbs will be effectively banned, we'll need to find a clever solution.

The 100Watts standard Bulbs are banned commercially in Portugal, you can't buy them is any store for some years now, although it's still easy to find old stock in 2nd hand/used websites and adds.
I bought 4x 100watts bulbs from an OLX seller so I could have some spares for the future, although the current bulb in the current limiter I built 10 years ago is still holding strong, I just bought it as a precaution as this limiter is really usefull, not only when testing Tube Amps, I use also for other amps and equipment.

Whoops said:
The 100Watts standard Bulbs are banned commercially in Portugal, you can't buy them is any store for some years now, although it's still easy to find old stock in 2nd hand/used websites and adds.
I bought 4x 100watts bulbs from an OLX seller so I could have some spares for the future, although the current bulb in the current limiter I built 10 years ago is still holding strong, I just bought it as a precaution as this limiter is really usefull, not only when testing Tube Amps, I use also for other amps and equipment.
Indeed. I have a small stash of various bulbs ranging from 15W to 400W.

80hinhiding said:
You don't need to build a bunch of different current limiters, one will do... but having several bulbs handy for different things is the smart thing to do.

I only have one 100watts bulb, but I second what 80hinhiding wrote.
Having several bulbs is useful.

Now that you brought that subject and made me think I will go on OLX (used ads website, similar to Craigslist) and try to by some bulbs higher than 100watts

jacomart said:
there is a nice piece of free software here: http://www.duncanamps.com/psud2/index.html
and some "light" theory here: https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/diode/diode_6.html

Cheers
Jaco

PSUD2 is my "goto" when thinking about PSU design.  Amazing free app when doing "what if...."

Bri

ruffrecords said:
Perorate was new to me - it means speak at length. Is the French equivalent perorer commonly used?
More or less.
Richard Lee ("Ricardo" here and at micbuilders) uses the word frequently.
The french equivalent of inculcate, "inculquer", is also commonly used.

Back