Hello from Birmingham, UK

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horizoneer

Hi,

I'm Josh, and I've signed up here because I've decided to make a couple of U87 clones following a few chance Google search results while researching Mics. I'm planning to record my band in a few months, and am trying to make our modest budget stretch as far as it can.

Not a massively knowledgeable person when it comes to electronics, I nevertheless enjoy DIY projects - I've made about a dozen different guitar effects pedals, extensively modded a number of modern Vox AC30s to get them closer in sound to the old '60s models, and a couple of months ago built a small amp - a Fender Tweed Deluxe 5e3 - from parts. I'm hoping that the skills involved in pedal making aren't too far removed from making a U87 so that the learning curve isn't too steep, and I'll mostly be leaning on the forum for advice relating to component choices and quite likely troubleshooting down the line.

Hi,

I'm Josh, and I've signed up here because I've decided to make a couple of U87 clones following a few chance Google search results while researching Mics. I'm planning to record my band in a few months, and am trying to make our modest budget stretch as far as it can.

Not a massively knowledgeable person when it comes to electronics, I nevertheless enjoy DIY projects - I've made about a dozen different guitar effects pedals, extensively modded a number of modern Vox AC30s to get them closer in sound to the old '60s models, and a couple of months ago built a small amp - a Fender Tweed Deluxe 5e3 - from parts. I'm hoping that the skills involved in pedal making aren't too far removed from making a U87 so that the learning curve isn't too steep, and I'll mostly be leaning on the forum for advice relating to component choices and quite likely troubleshooting down the line.
Welcome to groupdiy.com and have fun! (y)

Latest posts

Back