Hello from San Diego!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Sawyer

Yep, another noob... Here anyway...

I'm John and I have a problem.. ("Hi John")

Anyway... I am compelled to build and fix things with my hands. And I'm a bit of a jack of all trades... And a little ADHD with my hobbies...

For the last 10 years or so, it's been Cigar Box guitars, and the last three it's been Tube amps! I've shipped guitars and amps all over the world.

I've been repairing vintage tube amps for over three years, and custom building my own. I love repurposed stuff, so old tube AM radios become guitar amps... Because nobody uses AM radio...

A list here on a Premiere 90 reverb unit caught my eye, so here I am ... (A friend brought me one recently)...

So, I now obsess in finding old Bogen and Eivo PA's, Heathkit radios, and more. I have amassed a collection of tubes and even bought several tube testers. Yes, I am very familiar with high voltage, and proper handling.. I like my heart the way it is: beating... But I also know my knowledge is limited and am eager to learn more.

I am also an avid desert rat, and we winter many weekends in the local deserts.

The goal is to find a few tube nuts here in San Diego who share my idiocy and love for the sound of the lowly valve, so we can collaborate on projects big and small.

See y'all online.
John

www.facebook.com/sawyercbg
Sawboxguitars.com

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_214140.jpg
    IMG_20240121_214140.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back