Help me decipher this UTC ouncer pinout

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elam

Hi,
I thought asking this in a PM, but it might helps some rookies like me in the future.

I bought some ouncers on ebay a few days ago. Model's O-25. Specs from UTC catalog: "transistor input", Pri : 600/150 split , Sec: 2k/500.

I know "it's written on it" :eek: :eek: :eek: but I'm still scratching my head. Where goes my hot and cold wire in and out???

I make it work already  (at least I have some sound going through) by connecting my hot to pin 1 and out to pin 2. That's the best combination sound-wise that I found. I'm just connecting them to my patchbay for the moment. To "ironize"  ;D.  Coming from the musician perspective that's enough for me.

BUT I'd like to be less ignorant and understand how, what's written on the transformers translate in real life. I might use them for a project in the future if I understand better.

Check the pics. All info are welcome. Sorry if its sounds like a  dumb question :-[ :-[ :-[ Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20160503_113802 O-25.jpg
    20160503_113802 O-25.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 17
Top view to show how they were wired. Still puzzled me  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• 20160503_113733.jpg
    20160503_113733.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 9
It is currently wired for 600 ohm in/500 ohm out.  Connect input (+) to pin 1, input (-) to pin 4, output (+) to pins 5/6 and output (-) to pins 7/8  Then read the label again and figure out why  ;)

As usual... you the man mjrippe! Thanks for doing the heavy lifting. I'll do the easy part. Thanks again for the knowledge. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back