Help racking a pair of Auditronics 501 channels?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapfoot

We have two of these we want to rack up to use as mic pres/line amps with EQs (we loved the funky little EQ on these back when we had the whole desk)

I've got what I feel is a pretty decent plan of action, but I'd love a few more sets of eyes to help me with what I'm confused about, and to spot what I've missed (schematic attached).

1) I've got a +/- 15V regulated power supply I've made up, and the way to connect that seems obvious.

2) I should jumper the patchbay send/return (P2 pins 11, 12), yes?

3) I should also jumper or replace the fader. Would it be possible/advisable to simply disconnect the "MON" pot and repurpose it as an output fader (could replace pot with any value if we feel 5k isn't optimal)

4) Program out is P1, pin 12. This looks to be where I want to take my output. I have a pair of Triad A-67J I can use here (I believe the desk had a bunch of Triad HS-56 mounted on the underside).

5) Mic input is obvious, and I think I'll eschew the phantom power this time around (though I suppose I could make up a 48v supply). The (puke yellow) mic transformers are still on the cards.

6) For line ("tape") input... it might make the most sense just to have a separate set of XLRs on the rear panel we can patch to (just like our racked 1073s), as we'll never need to switch from "mic" to "line" in real time.

Anything I'm missing here? Appreciate any input or insight... this will be my first attempt at racking a pair of channels. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 10.44.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 10.44.45 AM.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 26
Did you ever get your Auditronics channels racked up? If not, do you still need some help? The link below will show you some of my "rack-mount" equipment designs:

Some Of My Equipment & Systems Designs

By the way.....I also have an Auditronics console (I "think" it might be a "Model 110", I don't remember) that I have - NEVER - used. I bought it from an FM radio station in Kansas and I never got around to using it. Got a bunch of spare modules and parts and stuff. Interested? It's been sitting down in my basement, just sitting there, for the past 25-years!!! Make an offer, if you want it. You pay shipping, as well.

JBW

/

By the way.....I also have an Auditronics console (I "think" it might be a "Model 110", I don't remember) that I have - NEVER - used. I bought it from an FM radio station in Kansas and I never got around to using it. Got a bunch of spare modules and parts and stuff. Interested? It's been sitting down in my basement, just sitting there, for the past 25-years!!! Make an offer, if you want it. You pay shipping, as well.

JBW

/

Post some photos of that console

Latest posts

Back