Help requested - identifying a part for replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darcy

Hello everyone,

The volume pot on my monitor controller needs replacing and I can't really afford to send it in for service. So with my basic knowledge of electronics I've pulled it apart hoping to identify the pot and find a good replacement. It's a dual gang by the looks of it, and the only text on it is A103r4, which pulls up nothing on google/mouser/etc.

Would anyone be kind enough to offer some advice on how to find a replacement? I have a multimeter and could take measurements of it's resistance, perhaps find it's it's log or lin, etc, but I'm not totally sure on how to do this just yet, and I'm not sure if there are other variables I'm not aware of and I don't want to mess it up.

Attached is two photos.

I'd really appreciate any advice, thank you,

Darcy

PS - I just want to say this is an awesome community

Attachments

• volume pot 2.jpg
    volume pot 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
Thank you Jakob, I'll reach out to them and see if they are willing to - they have a reputation for not having that kind of flexibility ("we only service") but maybe with some luck they'll be able to.

If thats their attitude you should not buy from them. How old is the unit? Perhaps tell them you will send their crappy unit back for a full refund!

gyraf said:
Stereo potentiometer?

This is no standard part - the easiest would probably be to buy the original part from the manufacturer.

/Jakob E.

I second that, order that part from the manufacturer, it will make your life easier and you get the correct part.

whats the brand and model?

Jakob and Whoops,

Great news, I sent an email and they sell the pots at $18 a piece so I’ve gone ahead and done that.

Really appreciate the help, a simple solution, but with my limited experience I wouldn’t have thought to ask them. I honestly had no idea it worked like that as I was told and often read that manufacturers, including Dangerous Audio in this case, would just say ‘sorry, you need to send it in for service’.

Thanks everyone and have a great rest of your week :)

Darcy

Darcy said:
Jakob and Whoops,

Great news, I sent an email and they sell the pots at $18 a piece so I’ve gone ahead and done that.

Really appreciate the help, a simple solution, but with my limited experience I wouldn’t have thought to ask them. I honestly had no idea it worked like that as I was told and often read that manufacturers, including Dangerous Audio in this case, would just say ‘sorry, you need to send it in for service’.

Thanks everyone and have a great rest of your week :)

Darcy

Nice it's better that way, then you dont spend time trying to search for the part and risking buying something that looks similar but its not he same or that it doesnt fit

Latest posts

Back