Help sourcing specific universal microphone suspension shock mount for Avantone CR-14

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchang0

Hi, everyone!

An Avantone CR-14 ribbon mic found its way to my workbench to repair that is missing the suspension shock mount. Avantone wants a whopping $69 plus shipping for one. They are the same as Nude Microphones' Rectangular Ribbon.

The mount is a universal clamp type that I have seen a few years ago on various websites for around $10 to $15 back when I was active building mic kits. I almost bought one then but opted for a different model with a round clamp with specific diameter rather than angular universal clamp.

Sadly I can't find these any more, post-pandemic.

Here are some photos.

It's shorter vertically than most of the universal shock mounts out there.

If you know where I might be able to source just one unit of these at something close to what other universal mounts cost on AliExpress, please let me know.

If I can't find one new, I'll probably wait for a used one to pop up somewhere or 3D print something. Worst case, there are some truly universal mounts that would fit (the ones with three or four screw-in clamps).

Thanks in advance!

8771264_800.jpgshockmount2.jpg

I dug a bit further into rebranded equivalents of the Avantone CR-14 on recordinghacks and found that it is really a Shuaiyin SYR-50 mic. Turns out Shuaiyin makes the shock mount, and it is their SYZ-4.

I am emailing them to see how much they charge for it and how to order one from China to the USA.

http://www.shuaiy.com/product02.asp?plt=11&pone=2

I remember now why I saw them before. I'd bought the Shuaiyin bodies for my prior U87 builds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back