Help with adding an effects loop to an AX84 October Club

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 139375

Hello Y'all-
I'm a newbie with experience of building an AX84 October Club back in 2009. I would say I'm still on the uphill side of understanding the theory behind design and modifying tube amps. With that said, I'd like to add an effects loop to my October Club. In my research, I think need to add the loop after the Preamp and before the power amp. I'm thinking pin 1 on VR5 or after C11? I would like to add something simple if possible. Obviously, if simple= poor quality tone, I'm willing to put the extra effort into learning to build a more complicated circuit to get this done without sacrificing sound quality.

Attachments

• AX84_October_Club_090108.pdf
    667.2 KB · Views: 0
Well, I assumed I was joining a DIY forum for those with limited understanding and others with a greater understanding of amplification circuits. Looking at most of the posts here, looks like much higher skilled if not professional individuals. I’m getting crickets as a response to my previous posts. In humility, I would appreciate anyone’s advice to find another forum or source of information to my effects loop install/design questions. Thanks!

I joined up just to point you towards my AX84 October Club-based amp with an effects loop. Attached. You can see where I put the loop. Other forums where former members of AX84 reside are ampgarage, diyaudio and el34world.

Attachments

• October-style_vBuilt.pdf
    378.1 KB · Views: 0
Back