Help with Power Supply for 6 slot 500 Rack.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zqone537

Hey I'm back again. Looking for ideas on how I can fix this Bento up for use. Cap broke off the board. I contacted Fredinstein but being they are based in China, I am not expecting much help for a replacement board. So you guys that have built 500 Racks maybe can chime in?  Can I just use a different board, maybe the same you guys used ? I just wanna get this up and running.
Thanks in advance guys!

:UPDATED:!!!

So I decided to ditch the power supply that it came with and go wit a external power supply from Collective Caseshttp://collectivecases.com/?product=psu-cc-psu1.
Since I had a 5 pin female XLR laying around I figured I was all set. So I soldered the wires directly from Main PCB into the 5 pin XLR , according to the API standards.  I then plugged in a 500 module. Connected the PSU from collective cases and it started smoking. So what did I do wrong here? Why would it not give the right voltage to the module? AM I missing something here?  Can you folks have a look at the new pics I added to the post further down in the post.
Thanks

Attachments

• pic 1.JPG
    pic 1.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 61
It's a propriety board. I can't make a new connection because the leads are surrounded by plastic. I tried to solder the cap back but it was next to impossible. 

Company is from Taiwan, not China. And their customer service is really nice. Try to get in touch with them!

It seems like C13.

I can see that both pins are already exposed above the plastic end cap. If the plastic end cap is on the way then just remove it. You do not have to desolder the pins.

Solder a through hole cap directly onto the pins. If the height becomes an issue then bend the leads at right angle and rest the cap on its side.

Hey Sahib,
The plastic housing came off and I tried to make a connection but since its an SMT cap I couldn't.

you can solder to the SMD pads if they are still there.  just attach a through hole capacitor to them. If the cap needs to bend to fit, you can bend the leads. To prevent shorts you can  heat shrink  the leads on the capacitor.

Latest posts

Back