help with stepped pot for Don Audio PEQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrentema

Hi guys. I'm breaking my head over this and might need some help. I tried emailing Don Audio but didn't get a response. I'm preparing a stereo PEQ version and I want the pots to be stepped for obvious reasons. In the Instruction PDF it says what the values should be. But I don't understand it. First of all it shows 20 different values (for a 10 step switch). And if I add up the values of the resistors I end up way higher than it should be.. Let's take the 10K switch.. The sum of all the resistors should be around 10K right? What am I missing? Can somebody lead me into the right direction? I'm new to building my own stepped switches so I'm probably missing something obvious here..
Thanks

The whole PDF is here: https://www.don-audio.com/mediafiles//datasheets/PEQ-Instruction-V1.pdf

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 11.17.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 11.17.16.png
    995.2 KB · Views: 14
I get the impression that the resistor values are for a 20-position switch.
(Anyway, it is not very clear...)
I suppose for a 10-position switch you should use value 1 + value 2 for step one, value 3 + value 4 for step two etc.
A lot of confusion!

I suppose for a 10-position switch you should use value 1 + value 2 for step one, value 3 + value 4 for step two etc.
A lot of confusion!
But even then.. How can the last resistors be 10K if the sum of all the resistors should be 10K...

The only thing I can think of is that - for example - the value of resistor 2 should be R2 minus R1 (200-110 = 90ohm). And R3 should be R3 minus R2 (380-200 = 180ohm) etc. This would indeed be for a 20 step switch yes.

Latest posts

Back