Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
I just wanted to say HI and let you know that due to not having much time Ethan has talked with myself and some friends to help him keep GroupDIY going.    It appears there have been such things as running out of PM room and not being able to post.

And he and the mods have mentioned the methods to get approved for membership.  Ethan talked with us and  decided we could help you out.

I am the person you will be seeing around the forum as I'm interested in what you are doing and to make sure everything is working.    Once the software is changed (XenForo) I will be posting some how to threads.  I know all of you are very creative but the how to threads help those that may be just starting and need to ask for help.

I do have a minor technical background as I do have an Advanced Class ham license, and grew up around ham radio.  I've soldered, built kits and such as that in the past.  I only say that so you will know I'm interested in what you are posting about, and may even understand a schematic or two.

After the change to Xenforo I will be around often so I can answer your questions and possibly tweak the forum.

There will be a larger file attacehment, and likes/reactions, copy and paste images  just to name a few of the new things.

Now, to do all this the forum will shut down in a few hours and will be off for some hours.  My best guess is maybe 4 to 6 hours.    During this time, the new software will be being set up to keep GroupDIY being itself.  Also, I have the ability to monitor and answer questions on the Facebook Group DIY page, so I can put updates there.    https://www.facebook.com/groupdiy

We have 2 or 3 hours until the change starts and I'm here to answer your questions.

1.  Is Ethan still here and an admin - YES.  My friends and I are here to take a load off him.

2.  You"re next.

We are in the process of getting ready to do a software change as this software does not offer enough for member with the larger files, large images for example.

Bo Deadly

New forum! It will be interesting to see how much data is lost in the migration (markup formatting, post counts, broken links, ...). But clearly it needed to happen. My understanding is that the very of SMF is perilously old. Should be a hoot.

rock soderstrom

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
A warm welcome to Angie & friends!

Your plans sound very good👍👍👍

A suggestion from my side. How about a video player integration for external videos? 🤓

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Video uploads,  51200 KB.   

Images/attachments  10240 KB  (currently at 4000KB)

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@squarewave 

Please help us find any broken links or images.    That is one thing the more eyes the better.  I can report to the head tech to clear those things up.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Try out the image and file uploads or copy and paste, that's one of my most favorite features of this software.

Whoops

Hi Angie,
welcome and thanks for the help and your work.

I'm still trying to get used to the new look.

I need some help, where is the option "Show new replies to your posts" now?

Thanks

Bo Deadly

I like it!

It looks great.

Seems faster too.

No doubt people will find fault with things. Nobody likes change. No doubt someone will find something super annoying. But whatever.

Nice work.

NOTES ABOUT DIFFERENCES:

1) Avatar is pixelated. Just generated a new one. Ideal image is 96x96 jpg.
2) Time Zone is UTC so dates can be off. New posts were showing as May 6 even though it's still May 5 here. Updated to EST and now it's right.
3) If you reply to a specific message, it is quoted but if you decide to abort by visiting another part of the site and then come back to that board, the quote remains in the reply area which is annoying. I don't like software that tries to "help" me like Clippy from Word. What's more strange is that if you then click Drafts > Delete Draft, the quoted message does not go away. That seems like a straight up bug. But if you visit another part of the site and then come back, the quoted message is gone.

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@squarewave

Set the time to whatever zone you wish. Click on your name in upper right corner. Choose preferences and this is what you'll see:

1620264214109.png

Once you change it, remember to SAVE.

jacomart

Hi Angie, welcome aboard! I see a small problem: all hyperlinks seems to be lost and turned into "text only"

Cheers
JM

p.s.
not all of them really, some have remained (those inserted with BBcode tags)

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Hi Angie, welcome aboard! I see a small problem: all hyperlinks seems to be lost and turned into "text only"

Cheers
JM

p.s.
not all of them really, some have remained (those inserted with BBcode tags)

Can you please give me a thread link or name, and a post or two so I can see what's happening and so head tech can see if it needs him?

We can get it fixed.

Latest posts