Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
There will be no thumbs down. I have even pulled the other reactions since members did not like them and let that be known.

abbey road d enfer

I don't think anyone, who isn't a moderator, can delete entire treads ... or yes? Personally I was referring to single posts.
I was under the impression that someone advocated for the right of the OP to delete the whole thread he had started. I may have misread...

Winston OBoogie

Scott, you don't have to. It asks for one, but you can just hit enter without giving a reason and, just like magic, it's gone :)

Moby

BV.8, Bv.11, Bv.12, etc... contact by email
Hey Angie. New look is cool but did we lost our signatures near to the avatar? Also the messages counter? It will be nice if you can keep it in the future updates.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@Moby I have re-enabled the titles under the avatar. If you had a custom one, it may have been lost in the change from one software to another.
If you will go to your member name in the upper right corner and click on that. Then when the box opens, click on Account Details. You will see where to upload an avatar, and the Custom Title. The Custom Title will show under your avatar.

1620863187733.png

And remember to save, it's at the bottom of the page.

ruffrecords

HI Angie,

I have a feature request. When you mark an entire sub-group as read you have to wait for a pop up to appear, then confirm you want to mark all read, and finally wait while it does it. I seem to remember before the changeover that there was no confirmation pop up. You just clicked in mark all read an it did it right away.Can the confirmation pop up be removed or can it be an option you can enable/disable in preferences?

Cheers

Ian

Whoops

Hello Angie and Mods, Abbey and JR in this case.
I have a feature request for you guys that I think would improve the forum a lot, probably the biggest improvement that could be made.

In the old forum we had an amazing feature that was PRR posts, knowledge and always helpful replies,
can we bring that back?
I really feel that was the best feature in this forum, and somewhat has always been inferior ever since.

Thanks

Whoops

@Whoops, I will be investigating this with the Abbey and JR. Hopefully we can do something positive on this.

In name of all members here, thank you so much Angie and JR and Abbey.

The reason PRR stopped posting was because of a thread discussion where complaints were made, and rightfully, about problems related to this forum engine and lack of improvement. Most of those problems were sorted by you now, PRR was right.

If someone can get him back, this forum would improve tremendously.
For all the great contribution that he did to this community over the years an effort should be made to have him back.

Last edited:

sahib

Hello Angie,

I tried to make a change in my White Market listing but it did not allow me, by saying "Please enter a message with no more than 10,000 characters".

Thank you.

rogs

Hi Angie -

Link in signatures no longer seem to be active -- or do I just need to adjust a setting somewhere?...

JohnRoberts

Staff member

The reason PRR stopped posting was because of a thread discussion were complaints were made, and rightfully, about problems related to this forum engine and lack of improvement. Most of those problems were sorted by you now, PRR was right.

For all the great contribution that he did to this community over the years an effort should be made to have him back.
I just went back and reread Paul's last post... Indeed he was complaining about an uploads folder issue, but was frustrated by the response from forum memebers

PRR said:
Now that I have had mocking argument from one, and push-back from multiple contributors, I will just remove post #1 here and go mow the lawn.
The upload folder may have been the proximate cause of Paul's complaint, but in my judgement the reason he left was the snarky response from forum members. My sense is that civility around here has degraded if anything since then.

JR

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Hi Angie -

Link in signatures no longer seem to be active -- or do I just need to adjust a setting somewhere?...
You may need to go into your signature and do the hyper link again. In the server change it may have broken. I show in your signature you should be able to have 2 links.

cyrano

The reason PRR stopped posting was because of a thread discussion where complaints were made, and rightfully, about problems related to this forum engine and lack of improvement. Most of those problems were sorted by you now, PRR was right.

PRR isn't gone. He's just quiet...

Latest posts