Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

JohnRoberts

Staff member
He "liked" a number of posts just a few days ago...
Not to be a Debbie downer but according to his profile data, he (PRR) was last seen (active) Oct 7, 2020.

We have reached out to him. If he dips his toe back into the water lets all be on our best behavior.

JR

Whoops

We have reached out to him. If he dips his toe back into the water lets all be on our best behavior.

JR

Thank you so much JR.
I also reached out to him a couple of months ago.
I thanked him and praised his contributions over the years in this forum

Best Regards

JohnRoberts

Staff member
Here is today's TMI about PRR.... Years ago when I was cleaning out my several decades of industry journals (AES, IEEE, etc), I offered to give them away to anybody on the forum who wanted them and only Paul showed any interest. I ended up shipping about 40# of journals to Paul in Maine using the cheapest postal rate. The USPS was not very gentle and apparently one of the boxes of journals broke apart mid transit. A few of those decades old AES journals, that still had my street address on them, were delivered back to me. :cool:

I saved them because I figured I would read them when I got old... I'm old and I'm still not going to read them. ;) Today I was making sawdust out in my yard. I'm old but busy.

JR

Potato Cakes

Hi, Angie,

It seems the slow page loading that I mentioned before is plaguing numerous threads where there are a lot of shared images. This one in particular:

It seems that page one of the API thread in the Technical Documents loads properly now but the rest of the pages do not. It seems there are many other pages which have multiple attachments on a single page.

Thanks!

Paul

Script

Same here.

I think they are working on something .

Last edited:

JohnRoberts

Staff member
Load time issues could be caused by local network connections or device...

Caveat I am not an IT expert.

JR

Potato Cakes

@Potato Cakes I just tested and the thread loads quickly for me. Is it still dragging when loading for you?
Indeed it is still slow. Attached is what I see when I scroll down. I can click on the gray box and it will either prompt to download the file or it will open the image as a slide. When I close the slideshow it will sometimes fully load that section of the page, but when I keep the scrolling the problem persists. This is the same problem I have with the other pages mentioned.

Page 1 of the API Technical Documents had this issue but it has since been fixed.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• API Tech Docs Page2.jpeg
    API Tech Docs Page2.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 12

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@Potato Cakes I just was able to click on that image, not the gray bar. It opened up to the slides and I could arrow through them quickly.

I'm using Win10/Chrome with the latest updates. And my connection is a high speed cable modem.
How are you accessing that thread and those attachments?

Potato Cakes

I'm using OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra. I'm using Chrome as the browser. When the thumbnail doesn't load I can hover over the gray box and it will show the file name and size and when I click on it I can see the attachment. It's very weird.

Thanks!

Paul

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Can anyone else test that thread and let us know how it acts for you? And what you are using to access it.

Matador

Can anyone else test that thread and let us know how it acts for you? And what you are using to access it.
I see the same thing. I see no outgoing network requests, or no long-running/pending HTTP requests from the browser console, so I don't think it's network latency.

Attached a screen recording of what I see (Mac OS running Chrome browser).

Attachments

• Screen Recording 2021-05-20 at 2.15.59 PM.mov
    15.8 MB · Views: 0

JohnRoberts

Staff member
I am not sure what file exactly you are talking about. I just went to technical documents API page 2 and downloaded a couple files... all loaded quickly.

Do you have a specific file you are having trouble with?

JR

PS; running MAC OS version 11.3.1 Using Safari browser

Potato Cakes

Just tried it with Safari. Works perfectly. Very weird. Maybe it's time to go back to using that.

Sorry to cause a commotion...

Thanks!

Paul

Script

Some previews (thumps) under API don't load on Android here, but no big deal. Didn't have it before. Files themselves do load. Tried with three.
#4, 5,17,20,25,27,28,31,37,40,41

Latest posts