Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@shabtek Who is PRR, and what are you fixing? The link issue? Or is there something else?

JohnRoberts

Staff member
PRR is an old member who is proficient at fixing stuff... probably not forum code. Try to disregard.

JR

Angie

Administrator
Admin
PRR is an old member who is proficient at fixing stuff... probably not forum code. Try to disregard.

JR

So he was a MacGyver type. That's cool, and comments such as that are totally acceptable. Don't worry about it.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Hey welcome! The new site looks nice. I'm liking it on mobile so far.

That's great. If you are on android, you can click on the 3 dots on the top right and get a drop down menu. In that menu is save to homepage. Do that, and an Icon for the forum saves to your phone. After that just click the icon and you're on the forum. The whole forum. There is a save to homepage on an iPhone but I'll need to find that for you.

rock soderstrom

Bee with temporary limited flying abilities
Wow, I like the new forum! The design is appealing and the functionality is more modern. What more could you want? Thanks to all involved 👍

rock soderstrom

Bee with temporary limited flying abilities
My first video upload. Test test test!

Edit:

Does not seem to work yet. My test video is mp4, about 30. seconds long. The upload is quite slow, but reaches 100%, then comes an error message. Just as feedback...

PS: I am on an android mobile phone

Edit2: No, it does not work. Not even as an attachment. I have compressed the video, I am under 50MB, upload works, but then the codec is not recognized.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-074047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-074047_Chrome.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

druu

Thanks for the update. One request; could we please bring back the 'print friendly thread' option? It made searching through an entire thread soooo much quicker.

moamps

Hi Angie,
Technical document folder was accessible only for logged members in the old board. This one is open for all. I don't know if it's intentional or not.
Good work.

fripholm

Thanks for the update.

Is there a way to edit your own posts? It seems this option is missing...

EDIT: Ahh, found it!! :D
It's not available for posts from before the upgrade, though. Can we get this back, please?

boji

Going to miss the old school look and feel of bb, but can't stop change. All in all, looks nice. Thanks for helping Ethan out with the transition, Angie!

Let it be known: I was the first to use the poop-emoji 💩

boji

[Edit is] not available for posts from before the upgrade, though.
Yeah being able to modify older posts would be helpful, especially for folks who post kits and such in W/B markets, as they sometimes need to modify the OP with updates to Rev #'s, prices and availability etc.

Suppose they could re-do them, but that would be time consuming having to copy and paste information from multiple threads into new ones. Hope that modification is possible!

volker

@Angie : Thanks for the upgrade! Would it be possible to install a dark theme too? At least I couldn't find anything in the preferences. On the old forum I had my own CSS file running, but that would be a lot more involved with the Xenforo template.

jacomart

Thank you. I can fix one by one, but the head tech is writing a tool to fix them all. It should be ready and installed tomorrow.
OK thanks! here most of the time the links are inserted with a simple copy & paste operation.

Cheers
JM