Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
I am opposed to trophies and reaction scores, is it possible to remove that? my reptilian brain has enough on its plate.

Trophies are gone now. Checking on reactions. But give them a try for a day.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Please continue to list your questions and comments here. I'm starting on some of the questions, and also need to work on a few more how-to threads for that how-to forum.

I am glad you're liking the new speed. I'll be around most of the day to answer questions, make the how-to's for a few other topics (such as PMs and notifications).

Mbira

Looks good. Thank you for the hard work! Probably like many people here, I got an email with this info. I actually like seeing that “new post” feature pop up in my email.

1) a couple points-someone mentioned the “share” feature as being only for social my Eduardo. I use that feature all the time just to B email or send a message to myself or someone else, so it’s useful in that way, too.

2) I still see huge adds here on an iPhone when scrolling through posts-they are usually bigger than the content itself. Can we reduce the number or the physical size that adds take up-especially inline? Perhaps revisit the paid membership gets rid of adds idea?

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@Mbira This thread will interest you.

Bo Deadly

Issue:

When typing a post / reply, highlighting text with the cursor is nearly not visible. The color of the highlighted text is very close to the background color and difficult to see. Maybe you can make that particular color a little darker?

The CSS element in question is apparently .fr-wrapper::selection { background: #dee7ef; }. I would say it should be at least #ccc or maybe a little darker.

cyrano

Nobody likes change?

I have longed for something else for a very long time. Xenforo is modern, performant and secure. And this layout seems perfect.

So thanks a lot, Angie and friends for saving GroupDIY from oblivion!

rp

Thanks Angie and Ethan for the updates, and thanks to the mods and others who keep this place vibrant! 🙌 I liked the older look, which I think was a little "cleaner" looking, but I'm sure I'll adjust quickly. Posting certainly seems streamlined.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Issue:

When typing a post / reply, highlighting text with the cursor is nearly not visible. The color of the highlighted text is very close to the background color and difficult to see. Maybe you can make that particular color a little darker?

The CSS element in question is apparently .fr-wrapper::selection { background: #dee7ef; }. I would say it should be at least #ccc or maybe a little darker.

Testing testing testing

1620323396380.png

That grey shows up, is it your screen settings? If we go much darker you'd have to make the text a light color.

Other members, can you see that grey okay?

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Thanks Angie and Ethan for the updates, and thanks to the mods and others who keep this place vibrant! 🙌 I liked the older look, which I think was a little "cleaner" looking, but I'm sure I'll adjust quickly. Posting certainly seems streamlined.

For the "Cleaner" look. Are you out of the ads? Did you keep or opt out of the side bar? Are you on a phone? Tablet? or laptop?

rp

The grey highlighting seems ok for me.

For the "Cleaner" look. Are you out of the ads? Did you keep or opt out of the side bar? Are you on a phone? Tablet? or laptop?

I had turned off ads, but hiding the sidebar is a great suggestion and I've done that now too. Thanks! I'm on a laptop. My comment was more on aesthetics - this layout feels like it has more contrast and darker color areas, and more features. But I'm cool with that - I was not trying to make a complaint, just commenting.

btyreman

is this the same angie who owns Ukworkshop.co.uk? I'm a long-time member from there, how many forums do you own?

Latest posts