Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

scott2000

Weird how
3) If you reply to a specific message, it is quoted but if you decide to abort by visiting another part of the site and then come back to that board, the quote remains in the reply area which is annoying. I don't like software that tries to "help" me like Clippy from Word. What's more strange is that if you then click Drafts > Delete Draft, the quoted message does not go away. That seems like a straight up bug. But if you visit another part of the site and then come back, the quoted message is gone.
This is a little weird....

Also the privacy setting where you can disable if people can see you online doesn't seem to work . Maybe there is a lag of more than 12 hours? Not sure about the other setting where people can see what thread you're reading. Haven't looked.

I agree about the gray highlighting....Seems a bit off here as well.

I also liked how we could omit a poster's name from a quote. Doesn't seem like it's available in the old way at least.

Attachments

• gray.jpg
    gray.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 10

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Thanks for that example of the gray as it shows for you. I'll talk to the techs that set that for us.

And the go invisible, I'll check those settings also.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Not showing when you are online.

1620333370615.png

1620333413121.png

You can set those as you would like them.

scott2000

Thanks!
Did that yesterday....

Can't tell if the "online"icon works but down at the bottom of the page it says members online....

No big deal.. Just isn't really doing what it says yet... maybe a delay.. or maybe I'm the only one who sees I'm online...??

Angie

Administrator
Admin
I used a fake account that is registered to test what non-admin sees. And you're gone.

1620334110676.png

You can see you, and as an Admin I can see you. Regular members cannot see you.

Attachments

• 1620334269392.png
    1620334269392.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 5

Whoops

Hi Angie,
In the old forum there was an option that most people used that was called "Show new replies to your posts", that way you could track the new replies or activity in threads that you posted.

Could you please let me know how we I do the same thing in this new forum?

Thanks

Script

What is the difference between 'New posts' and ' Profile posts' ? What is a 'Profile post' ?

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Did it only show replies to Threads you started, or was it new posts on threads you posted into?

Either way, there is a method for those.

1620344849078.png

Will one of those work?

And I'll check out the bookmarks once I know exactly if it were only new posts to a post of yours. Or would it work for new posts on a thread you posted on.

Whoops

"Show new replies to your posts" , showed a list of threads that had new posts of threads that you posted on. Once you open that thread page it would be considered "Read" and if would be out of the list. Basically is was a list of unread threads that you already posted on that had a new reply.

Maybe my explanation is confusing, sorry I'm not a native English speaker, could please someone help me explain it better to Angie?

Thank you so much

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@Whoops you explained it well.

Try this:
1620346311554.png

1620346260543.png

This will show a list of threads that you have posted into. They are the newest answer first. Can you take a look at that and see if it will give you the information you are wanting. Maybe in a slightly different manner.

Banzai

White Market Member
Hi Angie, thanks for all the hard work 🙂

Is it possible to get back the option to edit OP's in the Black and White Market forums? Very useful to open and close sales, mark items as sold, update availability...

Angie

Administrator
Admin
@Banzai - I'm checking on something but should have your answer and fix during the day tomorrow.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
1620353403496.png

Everyone should see those two in the bottom left corner of their post. Click on the Edit and you will see the post where you can edit it. Be sure to save when done.

(Please let me know if this does not show on any forum. I will be double checking in the meantime. )