Hi everyone, my name is Angie

Help Support GroupDIY:

rock soderstrom

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
I don't know...

The perceived quality of audio reproduction is very much a subjective thing if you ask me.
Yeah, I get it. Where there are people, there is also subjectivity.

What I want to say is that I come to this place to exchange ideas and talk about electronics stuff. For politics and other RL sh*t there are other places.

Actually, I come here to avoid that RL stuff.

More Ohms Law, less Trump! 🤓

Whoops

Before starting a poll, a question:
Is it technically possible to implement an 'opt in / opt out' function for the brewery ?

Wow that would make this forum quite good, being able to completely ignore the stupid Brewery section.
The section should not exist in the first place, but the way it is right now if it would be possible to completely ignore its existence through software that would be great

Script

I haven't been able to get the new posts filter to work.
I think I noticed the same. Found 'preferences' under alert (the bell icon). There it says:

Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Hi group. I'm going to be backing up a page or two on this thread to read everything. I am looking into a bit of customization that will meet your comments here. So please stand by for just a bit longer while the tweaking is done.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Hi group. The reaction score is not shown under your avatar any longer.

If you want to see them, you can go click on your name to see the User Control Panel and see your Reaction score, and if you click on the words Reaction Received, you will see what posts/and who gave them.

1620521356470.png

Give it a try.

scott2000

I have some issues with the search function...

In the old search engine I could just type "864" and everything about the 864 compressor would show up.
Now it says the term is too short, so I add "compressor" or "vari mu" but it leaves out the "864" part and only comes up with unrelated topics now...

We have a lot of gear and parts with 3 or 4 letter names or numbers, this is not really helping.
TBH I've never had great luck with the site search. I've always found that typing in something like

Federalam864groupdiy or similar into goofle pulls up most everything here that's related...

Would be nice if it worked here....typing exactly like above shows no results and separating the words pulls up some brewery stuff and one thread with a mention of the Fed

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Usually the search feature works well. If you are searching for 864 I saw either too short or too many answers. I have the tech looking into the settings.

Angie

Administrator
Admin
Now for the other feature I thought this group would appreciate.

You now can choose to ignore a complete forum, or a thread.

1620525944694.png

That will show on the top bar of each forum, and each thread. You don't want to see it. Click on that IGNORE.

When you click on it for a forum you will see this:

1620526062342.png

When you click on a thread you will see this:

1620526094826.png

And if you change your mind.

1620526162252.png

1620526285180.png

Use the drop down on the orange button on the right for changing and seeing it again or not.

Script

Splendid :)

Just tested it with some random threads.

Ignored threads does not yet update with me, keeps showing nothing. But watch list is updated immediately.

Bo Deadly

Now for the other feature I thought this group would appreciate.

You now can choose to ignore a complete forum, or a thread.

This seems like it would be the solution to excluding Brewery posts from "New posts" but not quite. If I visit the Brewery, select "Ignore" and then under "Ignore this forum in:" I uncheck "Forum list". This does in fact exclude the posts from New posts but it also hides Brewery posts entirely. What is the difference between the "Forum list" and "Thread list" options if they both ultimate hide the forum posts?

Instead of "Forum list" I think the "Ignore this forum in" control should have a "New / Latest posts" option that ignores the forum when generating the "New posts" and "Latest posts" lists but if you want to be able to view or post in the forum you can.

However, ignoring it entirely is going to be a popular option so keep that for sure.

Script

Try Forum, Ignore News Feed. Is that what you mean ?

At the same time 'Watch' for new threads.

I'm trying these setting now.

Last edited:

Bo Deadly

Try Forum, Ignore News Feed. Is that what you mean ?

At the same time 'Watch' for new threads.

I'm trying these setting now.

If I do that the Brewery disappears entirely. But using the "News feed" as the option to exclude the forum posts from "New posts" and "Latest posts" and other such lists would make sense. Right now I'm having trouble making sense of how these various options differentiate from one another as they all seem to just hide everything from that forum entirely. The only difference I can see is that unchecking "Forum list" displays the Brewery in the list of forums (which seems backward incidentally) but going into that forum shows nothing.

Script

If I do that the Brewery disappears entirely
I think it's a bit like relay logic for filtering. I ignore and watch the brewery at the same time.

I set the Brewery forum only to 'ignore news' (=all new posts, I think, like a noise filter) for now,, but at the same time set it to 'watch' for new threads (my signals of interest).

If I want to see the party in full rave (hum, buzz, ripple, crosstalk, etc), I go via forum list, where I can see it all in its glory and from within a thread I'm reading there I can select to put that specific thread on my watchlist, which then shows with individual posts in my 'watched threads' and the 'alert' -- this latter being so Facebook, I hate it already, but haven't found the switch yet to turn it off ; )

At least that's what I think I set it all to. Not sure yet this works, cos there are few posts on Sundays. Will know more on Monday beer time in the US ; )

Latest posts