Hi Frequency Limiters?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5v333 said:
why is that? is it because it must be connected with a cutterhead? and not just simple in and out operation?
Well, they have a very different UI than most typical de-essers (only one knob per channel IIRC), the I/O's are unbalanced at a lower level than standard +4dBu, and they take a lot of unused space.

ok i see what you mean.

this schematic is really hard to follow for somebody like me...

but it is very interesting.

They are removed to use as outboard gear in a mastering setup.  They do need a modified I/O to take care of the level shift.  I know someone who designed a new backplane for the chassis to take care of that.

Part of the conversion from an SAL74 to an SAL74B involved removing the input transformers and installing an active balanced I/O.  The BSB74 is first in the signal path of the SAL74 rack.  You have to install a dummy plug on the backplane if they are not installed.

Not all racks had them. If you were running a slave lathe the feed to the slave lathe electronics normally happed post BSB74. You would usually use one Zuma automation system to drive both lathes too.

I think a good portion of what is attributed to be the sound of vinyl is actually the sound of high frequency limiting.

The internal reference level in the SAL74 rack is -8dBu IIRC. You need to account for that if they are to be racked externally.

Latest posts

Back