High-End DAC for modular AD/DA box?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkn80

Hi,

I got several request wether I'll ever make an high-end module for the AD/DA box perhaps using the PCM1794 or similar like AVID. Therefore, the intention of this thread is to evaluate wether there is really interest not wether or how it can be done.

R.

I'd be interested in a 2 channel board. Also, it would be cool to make I/V stage on a separate plug-in board so that folks can choose between ic and discrete designs.

And there's that:
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/digital/cod.aspx

I don't know that I have a real need for one, but I'd love to help with the design.  If the project gets underway maybe I could be of service.

100% interested. I have been looking for exactly this for a long time. and if it fits into the modular set up that would be amazing.
I am looking for 8 -16 channels of high quality DAC.
AES is the format for me.

I am very interested, if based on PCM1794A (and 100% pin compatible pcm1798, if some want cheaper alternative ).
I think making boards with several same stereo dac chips would be more interesting to offer some added "pro approach" compared to stereo COD module : each board of 4 or 8 pcm1794 would be a good unit (with dual mono option).
Also each PCM input pad need to have a close ground pad (reduce EMI)...

I would also be OK for any other 5v level input signal (optorec) compatible Right justified 24 hiend dac chip such as WM8740 (or AK4393 or some other newer AKM) which are great too.
I have just discovered your whole project and I am very interested in it.

Having one optorec receiver circuit onboard would be even better in my opinion ! so as to offer near complete multichannel playback board.

Totally interested.  I need 16-24 ch of high quality DA/AD.  Has anyone cracked the Ethernet interface issue yet?  Also, what would clocking look like?

Cheers,
Zach

michal_k said:
I'd be interested in a 2 channel board. Also, it would be cool to make I/V stage on a separate plug-in board so that folks can choose between ic and discrete designs.

And there's that:
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/digital/cod.aspx

+1 I want to use tube.

Latest posts

Back