HIS LITTLE STUDIO & MENTORING VETERANS PROGRAM

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallenRaiderAudio

FallenRaiderAudio
GDIY Supporter
Howdy Y'all, My names Buddy Lee Dobberteen and I take veterans with PTSD and teach them or guide them through the world of DIY. Because of finances I have been buying kits, I now have a little money saved and want to do a better build than most diy kits even though they are great. I am thinking a LA2A or something fun maybe a 1176 on my own. I love to build stuff. I have been a member of this group for a long time and this is my first post. A good friend told me about this group and YALL ARE AMAZING. I will be improving my build equipment along the way too. I'd love any help from a mentor so I can teach some vets some better stuff besides kits.

Buddylee13 said:
I'd love any help from a mentor so I can teach some vets some better stuff besides kits.
You know we are all standing on the shoulders of Giants. Building kits is not only about assembling and soldering skills, it's also about learning about circuitry, why and how the designer came to an implementation. There is a wealth of information available today. If you want to build an LA2 or an 1176, start studying the schemos and don't hesitate to ask here, in the Drawing board, if you need complementary explanations. many members here are dedicated to help you.

Take a look at some of Dave P's projects for some great detailed builds if you haven't already...

+1 to what abbey said.  It's pretty neat that you can get your hands as dirty as you want with all of the info available.

Great initiative Buddy, well done.

It might be interesting to start making PCB boards as well. There are a number of published designs on here including my Green Preamp, the Green Power supply PCB and others. PCB making is a cool skill and then doing a bulk order from Mouser or Digikey might save some money on the kits.

All the best
Peter

Latest posts

Back