How about a little pot?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMayben

I am looking to buy a quantity of pots for a broadcast type - analog mixer. I am seeking a dual 10K audio taper pot, 1/4" shaft, 1/2" mounting with a switch included in the rotary counter-clockwise "off" position - NOT a push-pull switch. These are intended to work like the Daven and Shallco step attenuators, except they will not be "step" (of course), and provide a detent for feeding the signal to "CUE" with the on-off switch. I have a proven circuit, I just need a source for the pots. Broadcast Electronics and several other makers of broadcast consoles used to offer consoles with a Bourns square pot (sometimes blue, sometimes black) that does exactly what I am looking for. Anyone, anyone, Buhler?

Last edited:
I don't think your going to find even a few (or any at all) off the shelf pots with a click off switch like that.

Might be worth searching mouser/digikey for pots woth switches and then cross reference which series even offer that as option. 😄

Latest posts

Back