How to achieve this kind of paiting?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mateus

Heyas!

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm having a tough job searching for some tips/how-tos about how to achieve this kind of finishing/painting.
Any info highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Captura de Tela 2021-09-07 às 21.12.10.png

Id read somewhere adding a silicone based product to metalic paint you could get a similar effect . Hammerite or Triflo metal care are two brands available off the shelf here .

Silicone has very small adhesive power, so the paint thickness varies in waves; it gives a somewhat similar effect, but it's not very durable.
people doing a paint job on a car that has had silicone polish know that. Orange skin.

Sounds a bit like a bad fake tan job too , an Orangutan you could call it .
couldnt resist ,sorry .

Attachments

• Klancome.jpg
    Klancome.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 30
Years ago I bought a powdercoat kit from Eastwood. They are an automotive supply company. I never got to use it because I have no place to cure the finish. Curing has a very strong odor and I have no place I can stink up that bad and no outside space to do it.

Ive tried the hammered enamel finish a few times over the years . viscosity has a lot to do with the texture your left with in the end . how your prepare your surface also has a bearing . Like more or less any paint job , atmospheric conditions ,temp and relative humidity need to be in the right range for the paint to cure properly . As far as I remember Hammerite has its own brand thinners , I'd avoid ordinary 'white spirit' with it.

Plus one for the Hammertone finish. I have used the Rustoleum version and have gotten great results. As Tubetec mentioned, your prep and work area conditions are critical to a good finish. That and a little bit of patience should get your desired results

I would suggest making a small " spray booth" out of fabric or cardboard. it's amazing how often a stray insect finds its way onto a painted panel. A single incandescent or heat lamp can help you get the temperature right for hardening. experiment a bunch - spray technique is critical.
Rarely does a rattle can finish match that of a properly set up spray gun - with good technique. lol. but we already knew that. :)

Ive seen small flies attracted to fresh paintwork as well , if one does get stuck just leave him be until the paint has dried , if theres a mark left behind after you scrape it away you can always touch it up later with a small brush . The mini spray booth idea with climate control sounds like a good plan .

Heyas!

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm having a tough job searching for some tips/how-tos about how to achieve this kind of finishing/painting.
Any info highly appreciated.

Cheers!
View attachment 84442

You can easilly achieve it with this product, I use all the time and it finishes exactly like the picture, this type of paint is called "Hammered paint"
I get it in spray cans

https://www.rustoleum.com/en/produc...ands/universal/universal-hammered-spray-paint
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 01.25.41.png

Latest posts

Back