HOW TO: BUILD AUTHENTIC RECREATIONS OF LA2A, PULTEC, UA176…EASIER THAN EVER!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainton

Hey guys,

As some of you may know I’ve been part of this community for quite a while now I can’t emphasize enough how much I learned on here and how great the learning experience - and finally being able to build my own gear - has been!

Over the years I wanted to give something back - that’s when I came up with my first chassis kit group buys :)

Most of these kits have been available in the White Market for some time now and even though I try to offer a lot of additional info on the builds, I still get lots of mails from you guys asking all kinds of questions regarding the projects. And that’s good :)

Anyway, I came up with the idea to create a free platform that offers an extensive knowledge base for these projects - designed in a way that makes them very easy to understand - to grasp what they’re all about and how they work.
All of this connected with a blog & vlog, tutorials - and a of course a community to share tips, mods etc.
This has been cooking for quite a while now but now I think I’m at a point where I finally want to tell you about it.

Those of you who know me, or know my work, also know if I’m starting a project I wanna do it properly. So it won’t be a simple task.
I’m picturing a user experience that’s less like a regular message board but more intuitive, with nice graphics and focused on what is actually important to successfully master your builds.

So in the end you don’t waste so much time searching, but have more time building these great projects.

Now, why I created this thread is, I’d love to hear what you think!
I’d also like to know what would you want to see?
If you already built one of my projects, what were your issues?

If you don’t know my projects - here’s what I’m actually working on at the moment:
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=66175.0

Other than that you might have stumbled over my LA2A or Pultec projects in the past already ;)

So you’re very welcome to contribute and share your thoughts here and then we’ll see where this goes…

Martin

Hi Martin,

Please don't shout.

And please don't clutter the non-commercial parts of the board with unneeded advertizing: I can't really see how this post belongs in "Dynamic Processors" section, it seems to just be a pointer to your white-market thread?

Best regards,

Jakob Erland
Mod

gyraf said:
Hi Martin,

Please don't shout.

And please don't clutter the non-commercial parts of the board with unneeded advertizing: I can't really see how this post belongs in "Dynamic Processors" section, it seems to just be a pointer to your white-market thread?

Best regards,

Jakob Erland
Mod

Sorry Jakob,

It's not what I intended to do - if you prefer, I can take the link to my WM thread out.
My intention is to indeed create a project related platform to offer and share all the information relevant for these projects.
And I just wanted to get everybody who reads this on the same page in terms of my background, and how I approach these things.
I could have added links to all individual projects which would have resulted in a clutter of links - so I figured it's easier to add that one link, that shows most of my projects.

Also I wasn't sure where exactly to post it, but there wasn't any topic that would fit better than either dynamic processors or equalizers - since that's what my projects are all about. It's not a LAB thing and not a BREWERY thing either, right?

I just get so many mails and messages everyday where I keep answering the same question over and over again - I guess if there's anybody out there who can feel me - it must be you  ;D

So I want to create a space where literally ALL relevant information for these selected projects is gathered - and displayed in a way it's very intuitive and easily accessible.

Anyway - I just can reiterate this is not about my WM - if you find it appropriate, feel free to remove the link or let me know and I'll remove it  - no hard feelings :)

It's just - I've been working very hard on that idea and in order to bring it to life I need feedback of those who either already built my projects or were thinking about it already or are interested in building one of these gems in general.

Those who already built my projects: What were your main issues and problem?
Those who haven't: What are your main concerns?
Any other ideas or questions?

EDIT:  link removed  ;)

Back