How to remove VU meter Pm700?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbikeman11

So I can’t figure out how to get to the VU meter on my console. Do I have to remove all the channel strips and go in that way? Or is there a way in from the rear of the console? Thanks.

Lift the lid and prop it with something under the back so it's at least 90 degrees, not just using the built-in props. You should then be able to see the screws holding the metal shields in place that hold the meter boards. Pretty sure you don't need to remove channels to get the meters out, but it's been a while.

Ok, yes. I’ve been using the props and craning my neck. Ouch. I will try today to see those screws. Also thanks for the video Radar Doug. I’ve seen that one before. Looks like he hadn’t found the props yet. Thank you for the replies.

Ok, I removed the VU assembly and the right one ( broken one) needle bounces when I move the assembly. I’m guessing it’s shot. So, can these be found anywhere? Does anyone have Pm700 or Pm1000 parts? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back