Howdy, from the rainy PNW!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k20z3

Hey there everyone, thought I'd make an account as I've been lurking the forums and off since 2017. I got into audio tech stuff through DIY eurorack modules back in 2017. Assembled a good 50-60x modules from 2017-2019, then got sidetracked by a Honda Civic project, cross-country move, home remodel, sailboat project (awful idea), all sorts of life stuff. Finally got the eurorack system out of storage along with an unfinished GSSL compressor (got the boards from Pusherman Productions FB group in late 2018).

Found quite a lot of questionable joints and otherwise... all good reasons to strip it all back and do things right. Especially with mains power involved. Thought I'd hop on here and pore through the GSSL help thread to fully understand the why/how/etc. of it all before I power it up. It has been five full years since I sat at the bench, but dang, it feels good to be home!

Side note- I'm actually returning to college (in my late 20s) to pursue a degree in EE. Never made it past pre-calc in high school, lots of math ahead. Super excited for the challenge. Finally grabbed a copy of Art of Electronics and hope to steep myself in circuit design knowledge/theory via GroupDIY and DIYAudio forums. Happy to be here! Thank you for all the great info over the years.

Nice to see another eurorack addict spawn in from the PNW. All that math will always be worth the journey, howdy howdy. Be safe round that mains project, cheers!

Back