HPGL and such...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiance

Hey hey, after like an 8 years hiatus I find myself designing a frontpanel again.
I used to to this in Corel Draw (12) were I imported HPGL files made by Scale O Matic

http://stiftsbogtrykkeriet.dk/~mcs/Scale.html

However, my Version of Corel, which I haven't used since, won't instal on Win 7 so is there another way of editing HPGL files instead of Corel Draw?...it's just 1 panel and buying a licence just for that seems a bit overkill...

I have not surveyed the vector graphics drawing tools lately but one can hope that the options must be better. Just google "vector graphics editor" and then just run though the loop of download and disappointment until you find something usable. Personally I have no problem paying a moderate fee for something better than usable. The free option I've used in the past was Inkscape. It's a little touchy and it was borderline abandon-ware last I checked but it could be made to work with a lot of fiddling. I have posted some detailed descriptions here long ago about how I did panels using Inkscape. There key is to keep the arcs of characters and such from being converted to splined. If you can't find something better than Inkscape, maybe try to find my old posts and just use that.

Thanks all for thinking along!

@Ricardus; that's nice...just updated my old frontpanel designer version to the newest one and Loo & Behold, the scaling tool.

I think I'm going to use that one...

Latest posts

Back