HPGL Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATMNL

Can anyone please send me a plain HPGL scale (like the top one of the "Scale-O-Matic") with just main lines, no semi-steps.
I am working on a mac and to get a plain scale without numbers and text and such, being a a real hassle on this OS.

File has to be imported into Frontplate Express, I'm really, really stuck.
Any other ideas to get those scales engraved on a plate are welcome as well

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

RATMNL said:
Can anyone please send me a plain HPGL scale (like the top one of the "Scale-O-Matic") with just main lines, no semi-steps.
I am working on a mac and to get a plain scale without numbers and text and such, being a a real hassle on this OS.

File has to be imported into Frontplate Express, I'm really, really stuck.
Any other ideas to get those scales engraved on a plate are welcome as well

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

What project are you designing the scale for? In order to create an accurate scale you'll need to figure out the internal and outer diameter for the scale when using Scale-O-Matic.
You will also require some form of vector graphics software. I am not sure whether Illustrator can edit HPGL files though.

I convert my Illustrator mock-ups into HPGL files in Corel Draw.

If the project that you are working on is fairly simple or common (e.g. GSSL) I'd be happy to create something for you.

Thanks,
Braeden

First depends on which HPGL version................... and how it is build up.... and read the old manual "The HP-GL/2 Reference Guide" that describes how the file should be........
Many programs do not make a decend HPGL file........ did had many problems with them......
Try to use BOCNC to see if the file can be read or not............ handy program to change little things and put vectors to each other....... which is very handy................

I use a  set of concentric circles divided in 24 sections, with the grid and some resizing you can get good scales.

It's a little tricky but it works.

I downloaded the image from google with some basic search.

Latest posts

Back