Hum in LazPro EQN with 51X rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, Everyone,

I've recently found in a pair of LazPro EQNs that I have been using in my 51X rack that I have a low level hum. Everything functions and I have been using it fairly regularly but I noticed I seem to get more noise when I chain it with other gear. This is true when the EQ section is bypassed. I am not using the DC-DC conversion and the 51X rack is being powered by a linear power supply more than far enough spaced away. The other modules in the rack are quiet. The only thing that I can possibly think of is that I had a similar issue when using an unshielded cable to power a four channel ez1290 rack which is what is being used  for the 51X rack as that is what comes with the floor PSU kits. I reread through the old EQN build thread and there was a guy who mentioned he had a hum as well but did not find if it was resolved. Like I said, the noise is low level and I am able to use it, but there is something going on with the grounding to where the noise is more prominent when chaining it with other gear to the point where it needs to be cleaned up in post.

I'm curious if anyone else who has built one and had a similar issue and and if they were able to resolve it.

Thanks!

Paul

Latest posts

Back