Hybrid Studios in SoCal Closing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

Saw this ad on CL.  Another big studio closing up shop.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msg/d/santa-ana-hybrid-studios-gear-sale/7244891486.html

Sorry to hear that.  Of possible interest to old-timers here:  there appears to be a Bloo LA2A in one of the racks.

they used to throw a NAMM party every year.

I guess covid has prevented them from working. 

their prices are on the high side.

@John do you have any affiliation with these guys?

pucho812 said:
@John do you have any affiliation with these guys?

No affiliation.  I've never been there,  was just one of those places wanted to check out eventually, so was surprised  / disappointed to see it. Wonder if it's pandemic related or just music business in general. Also it seems NAMM will be virtual this year (though that's not a surprise).

john12ax7 said:
No affiliation.  I've never been there,  was just one of those places wanted to check out eventually, so was surprised  / disappointed to see it. Wonder if it's pandemic related or just music business in general. Also it seems NAMM will be virtual this year (though that's not a surprise).

I went there for a NAMM party once or twice.  Sad to see it go, but it happens. I just assume it is pandemic related as the amount of things one has to do to have sessions right now is lengthy and that is just to get folks in the door. We have been basically a ghost town for the most part. Luckily,  we own it all outright so overhead is low.  but still tough 

pucho812 said:
looks like they did an update and sold a lot of stuff.  :eek: shows you what I know, with prices that high I thought they wouldn't sell anything.

I'm surprised too.  CL can be slow going even at lower prices.  Maybe being sold through other avenues or accepting low offers.  Wonder what the 4064 will go for.

john12ax7 said:
I'm surprised too.  CL can be slow going even at lower prices.  Maybe being sold through other avenues or accepting low offers.  Wonder what the 4064 will go for.

I suspect, it will go for much less then they got it for. consoles are like cars. the moment it left the lot, there goes half the value. 

Back