I don't get this Panning plugin...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewotan

Hey there!

I recently came across this plugin:

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/firethepan
In its manual it states:

"Fire The Pan brings together five different panning categories all-in-one, for more than 60 emulations. Let yourself be tempt-ed by this new FIRE entry to transform the way you think about your stereo image, so that you’ll definitely want in your tool set.After a careful design phase, Acustica sampled and recreated an impressive number of both analogue and digital (2D and 3D) panner emulations with the aim of creating one of the best and most comprehensive Panner plug-ins currently on the market, effortlessly giving you more depth and definition in your stereo field"

I don't know much, but are there that many differences between panning with, say, a SSL and a Neve? Wouldn't be the sonic differences produced by the different pan laws?

I have some Acustica Audio plugins and they sound quite good to me but for the life of me I can't understand the reason to be of this plugin

(also, if the brewery is not the right forum for this post let me know and I'll delete/move it)

With the advent of digital processing pans can use delay as well as loudness to manipulate directional effects.

That promotional copy sounds like a buzz word explosion.

JR

Back