I made a web-based synth that uses asteroid data from NASA's API

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello friends; my name is Dan. I recently made this project and wanted to share.

asteroidblock is a web-based, interactive, atmospheric pad synthesizer which queries NASAs asteroid API, using live proximity data to throttle initial parameters of the synth.

A few notes:

—asteroidblock works entirely in your browser (desktop or mobile), and anyone can have a go with it today.

—The queried asteroid data is fetched in realtime, so you can keep coming back whenever NASA add new ones to their API.

—Currently the data influences all available parameters that you see within the UI; I also have some plans for non-visible interference.

—The synth is open-sourced on Github, so developers/programmers feel free to have a play with this!

I hope you enjoy my project; feel free to play around: aagentah.tech/projects

For those curious further, I've been discussing this project and other audio-visual persuits over on my instagram! Feel free to give me a message if you had any questions too! https://www.instagram.com/daniel.aagentah/

Latest posts

Back