Ian Thompson-Bell CTC Program Official Exp. Med. Therapy!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matriachamplification

Wall Thomas
Hello GDIY

I feel as though I am spamming. However in my defence what my social and transition workers and I had laid out to be a FIVE year development program, groupDIY has accomplished in less then 1 Month.

Monday begins not only medical documentation of the progress I have had learning with Mr. Thompson-Bells inventions, but it also begins a small grant to outfit a mobile soldering station to teach recluse disabled individuals DIY in the safety of their environments.
It also offers the Voice Program to individuals who are not comfortable building by teaming them with similar situated individuals. Or paraplegics whom wish to record podcasts and similar scenarios.

The experimental part is that I am a recluse, (crazy on the inside) is my slogan. They are all dumbfounded that for the past 6 years while being beaded constantly with questions my main reply was mostly, I am working on it....
No one ever believes you when your crazy :)

Well Mr. Thompson-Bell did. His advice on TWO specific occasions not relating to audio...just life advice, changed my future and my families security for my life time. Thank you!

I am being reprimanded to tell you that this is a Really Big Deal! You should all be very proud!

The big deal. Sorry, is I/We were able to create an official "Apprenticeship" program without a Union or Corporate Established Company training me. It is all off Mr. Thompson-Bell and GDIY lessons.

Hello GDIY

to think that a year ago I could barely understand electronics, let alone string two sentences together, and today we are creating our own Schematics, Soldering and building our dream Custom Tube Console. Thank you again Mr. Thompson-Bell, Doug, David, Pucho and the entire GDIY community.

To date we have received an amazing $2500 in grants with half contributing to CTC parts and the other half towards setting up a website for personal support and GDIY/MEO Fundraiser initiatives.

I think this is where I have been procrastinating or struggling most. I want to share the what and why with you all.

A decade ago I had shot a documentary film that heavily featured Zoe Quinn (a friend). To anyone not aware of who Zoe Quinn is, she was at the forefront of online attacks caused by what was deemed "gamergate".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

With the film in the can and rough cut complete... I opted to shelf it permanently as we didn't want to, and still don't want to, add fuel to a raging fire. Morally I could not move forward.

The events of Gamergate destroyed me mentally and took me off social media until I created this GDIY account (and last week a Twitter account with 2 followers).

Of course I was attacked by online indie game bloggers that further crushed mental health rehabilitation and until this very moment, I never bothered to defend my choices or state publicly why. I simply became the eccentric insane recluse that you've come to know and question :)

"Wall, leave us alone we have demons of our own"

That was the last time I spoke with any "friends" over a year ago. I have also been told to go away by GDIY members who wanted to help but didn't actually understand the reality of working with someone who is mentally disabled. I hold no ill thoughts, I am a true freak :)

I guess I am disillusioned by the reality of giving something back to the community, GDIY, that helped me and my family when no one else could. By could I mean break through the permanent disabilities I have had since childhood.

That said we have put out a lot of ideas but feel like we are spamming and pandering. This is not our intent and the feeling of asking for something while seemingly having my pockets out is uncomfortable. Upon advice from my doctors we are strongly urged to pull back from many of them due to non-interest from the GDIY group. I will see if I can remove the original posts to not confuse anyone. This we don't see as a negative simply a reality.

Living with DID is not something I can convey to anyone as I have never been "normal". Just a dad who wears his heart on his sleeves and wants to teach and learn as much as possible.

Any-who, thanks for taking the time to hear me out. I am not real good at this stuff.

Be Well,

Wall

Latest posts

Back