Igor's high quality projects. Store closed, stuff shipped. A crazy idea - pg83.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is non-responsive,  file a Paypal dispute.

Transactions older than 45 days cannot be disputed but should still be reported.

A hold on all funds related to the transaction is placed until the item is received.

Thanks Piano,
Just filed a dispute. Lucky enough within the 45 days limit. I have items floating around from Igor for about 300 bucks! Igor went underground, again.
Funny thing is, the gap, between dispatching from port/railstation and registering by national customs is unregulated for "ordinary surface mail". And Igor was sending all items via this (RR .....IL). It is NOT EMS post service! Now, I need to draw an extraordinary search request to Russian Post to find anything. Therefore, a copy of the Israel Post invoice is a must, but Igor is underground... . Let me translate to everybody: Unregulated gap in registering means nothing other than an infinite timeframe! My parcels can be stocked infinitely between logistics and customs. In my country, if something can... it will.

Thanks Ramshackle for stepping up to help keep Igor's killer projects alive. Every project of his that I've built, has been a valuable tool in my studio.

I'm sure he is overwhelmed with shipping woes, new studio, health issues, and correspondences. I remember him saying he got so many, many messages telling him "Thanks, your compressor sounds great on my drum track"...etc
I remember being really frustrated with waiting 3 months for the Sontec project to show up in the mail. I've since just ordered parts that I planned on building 3 months down the road!

According to Paypal, transactions older than 45 days cannot be disputed but should still be reported.

Trench Recordings said:
Ordered on Apr 14. Tracking number received Apr 16.

Tracking number RR823645902IL. Still not valid/registered. Should I be worried ?

According to Igor's first post: "please allow delivery time up to
45 days from time the order was placed." According to Paypal, Paypal disputes are allowed up to 45 days. This is day 45.

Tracking code provided does not register in the USA. No response from Igor.

Paypal dispute filed. Almost $700 suspended until items ordered are received.

Reading all this, and I wanted to keep quiet since I'm not involved in Igors business (but sometimes I can't resist) ...

However, I have one question to piano:
why did you place your order?
you have read all the issues before, you did constantly post about it  :eek:
BUT you placed the order, knowing this could happen and happened before?

I don't understand this. International tracking is a pain with "low cost" service.
(shipping with UPS or FedEx is not really available for private people, at least in Germany)
[however, I have a FedEx number for receiving parcels from Jeff, the last one was EUR 700+ for shipping]

Shipping to the US I do with registered letter. NOT trackable.
Shipping trackable would be some additional EUR 40+ (DHL)
This is from germany. Might be even more from Israel.
Would you pay this? Just curious.

Love your stuff Volker!

In regard to the Q's, I'm just sticking to facts. I am also just following what Igor said about 45 days. Igor also has not responded to the contacts I have attempted to make.

I ordered because Igor promised to get stuff out soon.

Yes, HAD I been aware of a higher cost private service to ship, I would have done that in this case.

[silent:arts] said:
Reading all this, and I wanted to keep quiet since I'm not involved in Igors business (but sometimes I can't resist) ...

However, I have one question to piano:
why did you place your order?
you have read all the issues before, you did constantly post about it  :eek:
BUT you placed the order, knowing this could happen and happened before?

I don't understand this. International tracking is a pain with "low cost" service.
(shipping with UPS or FedEx is not really available for private people, at least in Germany)
[however, I have a FedEx number for receiving parcels from Jeff, the last one was EUR 700+ for shipping]

Shipping to the US I do with registered letter. NOT trackable.
Shipping trackable would be some additional EUR 40+ (DHL)
This is from germany. Might be even more from Israel.
Would you pay this? Just curious.

piano said:
Yes, HAD I been aware of a higher cost private service to ship, I would have done that in this case.

first page :
If you like to receive the package within 3-5 business days, there's EMS option,
not cheap but shure on-time. Please contact us before to get confirmation and EMS
shipping price.

for your $700 order maybe EMS could have been a quicker option....just saying

Igor has the package and is resending it to me...phew.

What a hassle.  I feel sorry for IGOR. Small package not much margin I would think, now probably no profit.

[quote author=DOMC]
I feel sorry for IGOR.
[/quote]

Okay  ::)

I wonder if the TG1 500 folks feel any pity for Igor's unsupported 1Kilo $$$ debacle.

Cue the violins.

Regards,
Mark

FINAL REPORT - Paypal refunded all my money. Paypal's investigation determined that both tracking numbers (recently submitted by the seller in response to my Paypal claim) for the two separate orders were invalid.

I asked the Paypal agent what the expected delivery time from Israel to the US is. He told me 20 days. It has been 52 days since the first order and 49 days since the second date.

piano said:
Once again, as promised a report on the status of my order. It is now 38 days since I gave my money to Igor on the first order. Even if this did get caught in US customs it should have arrived by now. The tracking number sent to me does not work online.

Every other business here sends out product when they are paid. Igor has not answered if he sent out all the items people paid for when he closed his store.

piano said:
As promised, I am reporting the status of my order.

It is now 19 days since I ordered the second order from Igor and no tracking number has been sent. It's been 22 days since I ordered the first order (tracking number was sent for this order in a few days  :)) and nothing has been received. To be fair, I have seen packages get caught in USA customs and delay shipping up to a little over a month.

Recently, I ordered from DIY companies DRIP and ClassicAPI, I received packages US Postal service in a few days! DRIP and ClassicAPI totally ROCK and they know how to treat their customers - top notch!

piano said:
It has been 6 days since I made the 2nd order. No tracking number has been sent. Make this cool please.

piano said:
OK! 1 of 2 orders I placed, I received tracking information as sent 5 days after the payment was made. OK, good! Bravo on that Igor.  :)

This made me feel confident about a 2nd order which I placed for even more money. Let me see about the 2nd order I placed and how soon it is shipped. 

Biasrocks said:
piano said:
Ordered. Day 1

Fast shipment will be noted here as positive.  :)

Slow ship, no tracking number or excuses will be noted as negative.  :mad:

Don't see how it matters, he's folding up May 1st.

Hope you get your boards.

Regards,
Mark

Piano, when your package finally arrives in a couple months, be sure to post the stuff up in the Black Market so we can pay Igor for it, and you can send it to us.  With $700 worth of product drifting in your package, there are no doubt some boards that quite a few people would like to have.

piano said:
FINAL REPORT - Paypal refunded all my money. Paypal's investigation determined that both tracking numbers (recently submitted by the seller in response to my Paypal claim) for the two separate orders were invalid.

I asked the Paypal agent what the expected delivery time from Israel to the US is. He told me 20 days. It has been 52 days since the first order and 49 days since the second date.

I've bit my tongue, but I do hope that if/when (99% likely) you'll receive the boards you'll be as politically correct

Latest posts

Back