I'm a Tech

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myface

Hi I fix different gear. I'm working on Allison Research GAIN BRAIN and KEPEX. So contact me if you have some defective units, My name is Donnie. I live in Las Vegas. Thanks

Not a lot of people do what I do. Been a Tech for 35 years. Thought I might be of some help. Guess not
Don't let one members silly comment discourage you from using this forum tho. It's really a wonderful place!

For what it's worth we have had a rogue wave of scakmers recently so everyone is a little on edge 😁

Thought I might be of some help.

It does seem odd to show up to a group with "do it yourself" right in the name, and say don't do stuff yourself, just send it to me and let me do it.
In general terms being of help around here involves explaining how not-quite-obvious things work, giving advice on common trouble spots you have found, sources of hard to locate parts, tricks for repairing items no longer manufactured, things like that.

But this section of the Forum is for advertising yourself as Available for Hire!
🤦‍♂️

I'm sorry, on my browser that little "Available for Hire" forum title is so small I just glanced right over it because it is surrounded by the ads at the top of the page.
This is the second time in a week I've stuck my foot in my mouth by not understanding the context around something someone wrote.
I'll be glad when it's Christmas, apparently I could use a break (longer than just browsing GDIY gives me).

🤦‍♂️

I'm sorry, on my browser that little "Available for Hire" forum title is so small I just glanced right over it because it is surrounded by the ads at the top of the page.
This is the second time in a week I've stuck my foot in my mouth by not understanding the context around something someone wrote.
I'll be glad when it's Christmas, apparently I could use a break (longer than just browsing GDIY gives me).
Same. My apologies. I thought this was the "new member" thread.

It does seem odd to show up to a group with "do it yourself" right in the name, and say don't do stuff yourself, just send it to me and let me do it.
In general terms being of help around here involves explaining how not-quite-obvious things work, giving advice on common trouble spots you have found, sources of hard to locate parts, tricks for repairing items no longer manufactured, things like that.
No what it is from my perspective, once I set up my tech room to fix certain equipment, I could fix one or I could fix 10, same setup, so I know these Allison Research units and have a bunch of NOS components so I thought I would just offer that in case people had some and wanted them to be fixed. I have a pretty busy client base and I don't have the time I'd like to just hang and talk about stuff. I would probably be to busy to do some outside repairs anyway so it's probably for the best I just visit the site from time to time. Thanks for your input

Hi I fix different gear. I'm working on Allison Research GAIN BRAIN and KEPEX. So contact me if you have some defective units, My name is Donnie. I live in Las Vegas. Thanks
Nice to meet you, Donnie. I have 2 401 mic pres that I've been meaning to work on but haven't had time to, as well as a 730 dynamap digital mic pre that seems to have a faulty main knob - some sort of digital detented pot... Also haven't had time to search for that part and it seems like a bitch to get out/I have no schems for that unit. I also have 4 original Allison research gain brains and kepexs that I'd like to put in a horizontal rack format. If any of these are of interest to you let me know. Oh and my name is also Donnie :) Glad I saw your post

Back