I'm going to post this in a separate thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...hell I built my own case, made no profit whatsoever, and still couldn't get it down to Steve's price!!!

Ron, I have your artwork framed on my wall. I had it printed onto photo-quality paper at work on a seriously hi-rez photo printer.

I used it in my own creation... I should send pics sometime.

The DIY world owes you thanks! :green:

...and BEER! :sam:

Keith

HiString,

I didn't mention this at RO because RO had an owner, and a management team (of sorts) that all condoned the kit sales and contest. Here we have no real structure yet, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try to address these issues before they get out of hand. It's a democracy now.

Think of yourself as Thomas Jefferson.

CJ... Ben Franklin, of course. (You should put that avatar back.)

[quote author="cayocosta"]CJ... Ben Franklin, of course. (You should put that avatar back.)[/quote]
Nooo-oooooo-ooooo!!!!

Campaign to keep "the Butcher" avatar! :wink:

Keith

Hey guys,

Ive been sitting back and listening to alot of great points. I would like to address a few things...

The name bloo Technologies... (it is not a real company, its simply a cool name I came up with when I was making some 1176 panels)

the reason I came up with the name was because I didnt want to create panels that could get me or anyone else in trouble with UA..ie: teletronix, LA2a etc...

Just to re-state what I said before, the only reason for my posting in here was because of the excitement over the new cases... I was getting soo many emails that I started the thread along with some pix. Perhaps it should have been done in the "black market", looking back on things I wished that I had never posted the initial thread... as it is causing more problems than it is worth.

I did ask the admin if I could pitch in for some advertising... he might not have read it or perhaps disregarded... in either case I was more than willing to contribute.

and again the offer stands... (assuming I can even afford it) however the only question that I do bring up is who will make the decision if someone should pay or not pay? its a very fine line in making that determination.

how about one rotating banner in the forum that ONLY voted in group DIY members can pay to advertise on? Meaning the majority would vote if the member can advertise their product.... again though... who would control the moneys and how would the rate be determined... I seriously could never afford $100/month kind of thing :\

In anycase... im willing to do what you guys want, I have a day job just as the rest of you .. and this things already turning into a nightmare!

Keith,

What a compliment. That makes me feel pretty proud that you thought that much of it. (The cap to R37 is to the wrong lug! It only defeats the pot - no big deal.) Please post some pics when you can.

Thank you.

Steve - no hard feelings I hope.

No ads!
One, then another, then another!

No nightmare.
We are just really new and so a lot of stuff is going to be non diy oriented for a while until everybody has there say on what they want.

Discussion is cool.

I was thinking about that last weekend, I know there are people who like me, and I also know that there are people who definately DON't like me!

But it's the same for everybody here. If we all did love each other like our own children, nobody would argue, we would be afrraid to step on each others toes, and thus, nothing would be learned. There has to be a certain amount of disagreement inorder to have a topic turn into something valuable.

That's the whole mechanism. It works as long as we let it.
(another deep thought from cj, gee thats two in the same year, unheard of!)

I hear both sides, and all of you have contributed greatly to this community.

My vote would be:
1) NO AD's!!
2) A seperate forum for anything for sale-period-To the Black Market-that's what it's for right?. (Except group orders).
3) Technical assistance re. the kits and everything else continues to be supported in the regular forum as is everything else.

Scenaria has done great things with this kit and it definately deserves to be here, but we also don't want to be innundated with all the other kit makers on the market advertising in The Lab forum...

My 2 cents

PS:
Hey Ron was your LA2A layout that really cool full color one? It was sweet! I printed it out on 11x17 just to look at it!

Joel

Yeah, no adds for as long as possible.

[quote author="Scenaria"]... who will make the decision if someone should pay or not pay?[/quote]
I don't think anyone has the right to make that kind of decision for anyone else. I would resent anyone trying to tell me what my time and efforts are worth.

I can only imagine the effort that goes into organizing a group buy. Making a complete kit available for a cool, solid piece of gear must be at least ten times worse. In fact, I'll bet 9 times out of 11 that it's a loosing proposition. So, I see no big issues here. I'm really grateful that there are folks here who are willing to do these kinds of things. It's one of the main reasons I'm here! Please, let's not put unnecessary limits on the fantastic way that the people in this group work together and help each other out.

If folks want to confine all the group buys, kits, gear... anything involving some sort of "transaction" to the black market, I think that'd be fine, whatever... :cool:

~ Charlie

I think anything that?s DIY related and posted on the Black Market is fine. And as long as Ethan and the site owner have no problems with it, neither do I. If it gets out of hand, something else may be need to be done, but for now it ought to be fine.

OK my $.03

Ron you do bring up a good point. and I think you are being hard on him.
But lets get this solved and move on as it does need to be solved.

I have many things I want to work on. Because of the cost they cannot be done by myself. But if I get some audio people to help me,
then we all win as I could bring it to the DIY market. I am not doing it for profit I just want to have a few and help share the costs whatever they are.
I do think you are under estimating the R&D effort to get all the correct parts and then source them. I doubt he is making anything. But I bet
the few he keeps are free though.

I want to see more of these here. Yes!
I want to see boatloads of well thought out kits. Yes!
I want to buy XYZ and 2 weeks later be using it in the studio. Yes!
I will have great gear that blow away the competition around here. right on

Now the issues:
The people that host this and pay to keep the hard drives spinning in the servers need their voice heard. They foot the bill we are leaches as of now.

I go here to get details of circuits not be hit for ads.
Please no banner ads.
BUT I do want to see complete DIY kits or parts for kits.
Not in this forum though.
Is the black market the answer?
Or a seperate Forum?

I have been getting a lot of threats with lawsuits and stuff, well I decided to do something so I won't have to worry anymore.

This guy was just out of a job so I hired him as my traveling stenographer.
Anything I say is recorded and used if needed to cover my ass.

Thats me in the camo jump suit.

Check it out!
(this post will self distruct in 10 minutes!)

travel_stenographer.jpg

You know, when I first saw that pic elsewhere, I couldn't figure out why the face was so familiar.

Two days ago it dawned on me......................I've been seeing it on the front of MAD magazine for decades.

Seriously!!!

:grin:

Too late cj ... swoop
:grin: just kidding :grin:
behave guys

Great discussion .. don't stop now.
Healthy discussion leads to a sensible conclusion.

do or do not ... there is no try

one ponit I would like to add is that all the old group diy stuff that I made had group diy on the equipment and also the source of the inspiration.

see the green-pre (Pete C)

head down (Chef)

Is there an icon for laughing so hard snot is running out of both nostrils??? Sorry, the Mad magazine comment is out of control...I think I popped an eardrum!

:grin:

So, are we getting close to a solution? Steve are you okay?

I'm sorry if I offended you with my ranting.

By the way, I would agree if the fee for the commercial forum should just be to keep transients out - and just something nominal for now. Almost token.

We can take another look if things get crazy or change.

So, one for DIY commercial, one for group orders and one for buy/sell/trade?

Steve, you'll probably have the commercial all to yourself!

Anyone?

Ron

Latest posts

Back