Imagine your perfect MIDI Controller, will it have Rotary Controls and Motorised faders, or perhaps Ribbon Controls and XY pads?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nortotron

Dear Citizens of GroupDiy,

Could you spare a 6-10 mins to fill out a survey for my student research project? The survey starts off with basic questions regarding your ideal control surfaces, but I am also interested in your experience with click tracks, time signatures, and other musical items.

Interface Requirements Vr1.1

The survey is anonymous, but feel free to leave contact details if you are interested to know more about the research and perhaps participate in further research / beta testing. Your details will not be shared beyond this project.

You can complete the survey without typing anything, just tick the boxes, but feel free to ask questions, suggest things to investigate, or otherwise comment. My quest is to design enhanced musical connections to develop the relationship between musician and electronic system. Many thanks for your time. Charlie / Nortotron

My perfect controller is a standard keyboard depth, 5 octave keyboard width with 24 motorised faders, pan solo and mute knobs and a master fader.
Ethernet out, hui controller for pro tools. the pans could be on rotary encoder with led strips for full recall of mix.
Maybe also transport and Touch/write/read switch (one switch not 3 like the faderport.

I would love to create a controller which handles not only your sensible DAW. controls, but has the possibility for creative inputs such as XY, ribbon, and perhaps outputs for haptic events.

In other news: I'm looking for an economical pressure sensitive ribbon controller. It is quite hard to find one with pressure. (as a component not a product) I have a ribbon but it only does the traditional left to right, no second output so you can have amplitude on one axis, and pitch / notes on another.

Thanks to anyone willing to spend a few minutes filling in the survey!

Nortotron.

Epic stuff! I filled in the survey I hope it helps. Have you heard of caterpillar tracks?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back