Inductors! Pultec, Trident, Neve, Custom etc

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings Nicolas,
Do your 1081 inductors (Hi Mid Range VTB9048 and Lo Mid Range VTB9047) have the same footprint / pinout as the Carnhill inductors?
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
Greetings Nicolas,
Do your 1081 inductors (Hi Mid Range VTB9048 and Lo Mid Range VTB9047) have the same footprint / pinout as the Carnhill inductors?
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

No... but with the chassis board Nicolas's offering you could make out..

Original :

Attachments

• 1081.JPG
    1081.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 49
Am I missing something, or does the pinout configuration of the VTB9042 and 9043 not jive with the diagram on page one of this thread? Anyone have a similar experience?

Edit: Red dot is screen, taps follow clockwise from there, yes?

Anybody know how Nicolas is doing?  Sent a PM and an email, but no response.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Inductors arrived this past Monday. Came home from vacation today to find them waiting for me. 8)

They look great!

Thanks,

Sean

Any one know how Nicolas is doing?  Sent a couple of emails for an order for RM8's for Brunno2000's Trident project have not heard back.

Cheers
Kim

I'm good, thank you. I'm pretty certain I did reply to your email. But maybe something went wrong? I'll send you another mail right away. Check your inbox in a moment!

cheers

ps. if there are more people who haven't recieved any replies from me, let me know.

I was just wondering if some of you who have used ChrioN's inductors wouldn't mind describing how they compare to the Carnhill inductors that are used in so many builds. Is there much of a difference tone-wise?

Thanks!

TimS said:
I was just wondering if some of you who have used ChrioN's inductors wouldn't mind describing how they compare to the Carnhill inductors that are used in so many builds. Is there much of a difference tone-wise?

Thanks!

I've used several of ChrioN's inductors in both my Trident and 1081 builds.  To my ears they sound the same as the Carnhills in the 1081s.  I must say that ChrioN is great to work with, and he exceeds expectations.  His inductors are also closer tolerance from one unit to the next.
Just my $0.02.
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back