[Infinitas]: USB Audio Class 2 Interface, 32 in, 32 out, DSP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried programming from command line using --force-pll-reset or adding that option to IDE build?
xflash --force-pll-reset yourprogram.xe

There's a thread on that error xcore:
https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451&start=10

They replaced there the 5-wire links with 2-wire ones for booting, that's old thread, the tools should have fixed this already.

Google xcore.com for "xrun: First stage multi-node boot failed, please check XN file and Xmos link connectivity" to get more discussions on subject.

Hi Mikko,

thanks for your reply, yeah I think I'm through more or less every post on the xcore forum dealing with that error message...without any luck yet.

Programming it from command line didn't make any difference, I tried it all - or at least all I'm aware of.

I ran out of ideas for now...

Is there anyone out there besides Raphael himself who got the infinitas board to work?

Best regards,
Mathias

Hi,

I want to PROGRAM THE LATTICE SEMICONDUCTOR LCMXO2-1200HC, but I get an error.

I connected the FT2232H to X101 and my Macbook with VmWare running Diamond.
The cable is detected.
First I open "infinitas.ldf", then I get an error that the programming file doesn't match the file generated by the project.
I select infinitas_imp1.jed manually.
And when I run the programmer I get tis error:
Device#1 LCMX02-1200HC: Failed to verify the ID
(Expected: 0x012BA043 Read: 0xFFFFFFFF).
Error - check configuration setup: Unsuccessful
Error - pgr-program failed.
Error - programming failed.

Can anyone help me?  ???
Grüße!

I ordered the board a second time, soldered new parts. I'm pretty sure I have no cold joints, didn't touch the chips.
I try to program the Machxo2 and he can't scan the chip. the ID is 0x00000000.
In the board diagnostics it prints a "?" at TDI. But the connection is there when I check it with the multimeter.
Whats happening?
Do I have to connect the power? It should be fine with the USB power right?

You have to connect the power, the infinitas doesn't seem to be USB bus powered. Good luck! And keep us updated, I still didn't have any luck getting the XMOS to run

Best regards,
Mathias

P.S.: I have 10pcs of AD/DA boards lying around, in case anyone needs some

Thanks for the answer Mathias,
I thought the power from the ft2232h would be enough for the programing. Do you connect two cables +12 and two gnd btw? or two +12 and two -12?

Oh, sorry, I confused the MachXO2 with the XMOS. I was able to program the FPGA without external DC, but I remember I had problems in the beginning with setting up the programmer for USB self powered configuration.

You need a 12V+ power supply and connect one 12V+ and GND. The second terminals are for daisy chaining more units together (or the ADDA boards).

OK in case someone has the same problem and could not program the Machxo2.
I made all of the connections between the ft2232h and the target board, like stated in the document. The problem was I had no power on the chip.  So I also connected ch2-3 and pin 7 on the x101, to give it 3.3v. I thought this was already there, but this fix the problem. 

kolabaer said:
OK in case someone has the same problem and could not program the Machxo2.
I made all of the connections between the ft2232h and the target board, like stated in the document. The problem was I had no power on the chip.  So I also connected ch2-3 and pin 7 on the x101, to give it 3.3v. I thought this was already there, but this fix the problem. 

Great you got it to work! How's it going with the XMOS programming? Did you get it to run? Mine is still lying around dead. I got another PCB for it, but I'm not sure if it's worth giving it another try...

Regarding the xTag. It seems to depend on the system you are working with. I couldn't get  it working on macOS (although Xmas claims that it works for macOS). In xTimeComposer it always said no target when opening the flash setup dialog. Then I moved to win10 in a virtual machine. There it was a bit different: When opening the flash setup dialog there was first a target displayed. When pressing the refresh button the target disappeared and no target preset anymore. Then I noticed that there was now a new USB device present. When attaching the xTag and opening the flash setup dialog it was named xtag0003 after pressing the refresh button the second new device was named xtag-0003. So I disconnected xtag0003 and connected xtag-0003 to the virtual machine and now I could flash the Xmos MCU. This behavior can be reproduced. I am working like this for programming the Aurora boards.
Hope that helps.

Raphael

I fixed it more or less, so now my xtag can find the target. It was again a problem with the power.
But now I have another Error called:
xrun: Cannot load image, XCore 0 is not enabled

I checked the following list. I'm not sure about number 1 and how I can check this. The rest should be fine.

1. The JTAG interface to the XCore has been disabled in the OTP security
register.

2. The device is being permanently held in reset by the RST_N signal.

3. No clock is being supplied to the device; or the clock frequency
supplied to the device is unsuitable for the selected PLL multiplier. The
PLL multiplier is set using the MODE pins and should be configured so that
the XCore boots up at or below its maximum frequency. Further details on
the MODE pins can be found in the relevant device datasheet.

4. The VDD Core supply is outside of tolerance (see the device datasheet).

5. The VDD PLL supply is outside of tolerance (see the device datasheet) or
not present, or has a filter with too high a resistor. This will mean that
the PLL is not locked and hence the XCore will be kept in reset.

6. The power supplies have not been correctly sequenced. The VDDIO (and
OTP_VDDIO if present) supply must be within specification (3.0V-3.6V)
before the VDD Core supply is turned on; see the datasheet for details.

7. The device, especially the ground paddle, has not been correctly
soldered to the board. This can either be in the form of not connected
solder joints or shorted solder joints to other pins, ground or power.

Hi Raphael,
What a fantastic project you have kindly shared with the GroupDIY community!!
I have a colleague that works in orchestral scoring and has requirements for many, many channels of I/O, stem mixing, surround feeds etc.
Is the system capable of running multiple systems - eg. 3 lots of fully expanded systems to give a 96 channel I/O count (or even just the outs!!)? This would be implemented in OSX with an aggregate device hopefully.
What is/are the possibility/limitations of this system running at higher sample frequencies - definitely 96K and possibly 192K?
I've checked the linked-store but the PCBs are out of stock, do you have a date when these might be back in stock, or is this controlled by the store?
Looking forward to jumping into this one!

^ I guess that you are pretty much on your own with this project as there is another quite a similar project going on (though limited in channel count), the FreeDSP Aurora (see freeDSP/freeDSP-aurora). Anyway, if you happen to get the PCBs then the problem is getting all of the chips now as the AKM as well as the XMOS chips seem to be non-existent, zero stocks in Digikey and anywhere. Farnell knows that that part might be available 19/1/2022 (https://uk.farnell.com/xmos/xe216-512-tq128-c20/mcu-32bit-xcore-tqfp-128/dp/2499221). Don't know what's problem with XMOS, with AKM it's the fire anyway.

Sorry for kicking it up again. But is somebody still working on this project after these chips are slightly getting available again? I am wondering, is this xmos design routed the same as the Xmos multichannel explorer kit XK-AUDIO-216-MC-xxx. Cause when i was experimenting with that kit I found an unorthodox solution to let it work as a multichannel audio card with enumaration in Windows. Which shouldnt give any problems for home and experimental use. I found that the xmos chip is also used in proffesional audio codecs like Focus rite and Berhinger which look pretty much the same in design. 🤔 Both use a branded Theysicon driver 🤓 and have a 18 and 20 in the model number 🧐. Which made me think of using one of their PID, VID to see if i could get the explorer kit to work as one of those 💡. Which worked with the XU216 and also on an older XS1 processor 👊. Maybe someone with a programmer can see if this will also work for the Infinitas.

so I just got all the necessary parts for this project, I'm going to get the PCBs soon and will let you know how it will turn out

sorry I already ordered them, they are on the way :-(
you had no luck with this project?

I started soldering the parts, and probably I noticed a mistake in the PCB:
IC204 (NC7WZ07, non inverting buffer) has the GND pin not connected to anything, so I think this IC is not running. That could be the cause of the issue (2) reported on post #172 here, since IC204 is driving the reset pin of the XMOS.
The issue is there on PCB revision 1.0.0 but I checked on github and it appears the same on 0.9.0

Back