info: RCA XT-2452 input transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

I just can't take it anymore.  They are not.  The standard quote used to hawk these:

From what I have researched these they are the RCA version of the Western Electric [Edited model # out because Google is making it look like they are related]

There's a steady stream of severely overpriced ebay listings for these things.  PT Barnum at his best. 

14181758982_4f14fb67e0_o.jpg

Gee, they are similar in size and style.  The relationship ends there. These things are found on the lower quality industrial and PA line products, and have a full octave less bottom end than any of the 'good' RCA transformers.  In short, these are the last RCA transformers I'd ever use for any sort of build, and they tend to get offered at 1.5-2x the typical price of the actual good RCA stuff.  I'm going to use good vintage when I can, but I'm going to buy Cinemag or Jensen before I use these.  $100/ea is really too much for these, $50/ea is more reasonable. 

You have been warned....carry on. 

I found this on a Chinese DIY tube site.  I left google's trans-mangle as is

"Western Electric high-end OEM RCA input cattle XT-2452 (has a local seal affixed"

I swear I know the first guy to make the WE 618 suggestion when trying to dump some of these on ebay.  Everyone else selling paid attention, then buyers who don't know better start to believe. 

Latest posts

Back