Inventor, DIY Mic Enthusiast

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinMics

I left the corporate career rat race in 2022 to pursue making and selling my DIY Audio inventions full-time.
Always thinking, sometimes inventing, occasionally designing, rarely succeeding... But I keep at it.
CAD & 3D design novice. Self-employed with a very supportive family.
Inventor and manufacturer of The Hot Holder: Soldering Iron Tools - 3rd Hand Replacement (Distribution by ALLPARTS USA)
Main Website: Home - Austin Microphones
- Rick

The Hot Holder is a brilliant product. Do you sell them to Europe??

Not here to sell, but this is the answer to your question: Yes.
Shipping one Hot Holder to Europe is expensive by itself, but get a couple friends together order 4 or 5, and split the shipping.
Also, Musikding.de has my Pedal Port version for guitar pedals.

Last edited:
Welcome Rick !

I just have a quick look at your mic website
Your blumlein mic is attracting !
I'm a big fan of the SF24 (that unfortunately I can't afford...), but I use them almost each time when I work in a studio around which have two of them, perfect combo with the 8302 (GML), my goto for OH, room, brass section or anytime I want a stereo with an ultra fast setting time.
I even use it once or two time for vox-accoustic guitar rec, flipping the acoustic plan verically, absoluty natural sound, with minimal comb/phase which I always find complicated to manage with two differnt mic/placement in this context.
Also blumlein at 45° offer great MS options !

Cheers
Zam

I use your hot holder ALL THE DAMN TIME. Also, your kit was the first mic I DIY'd — I hold you personally responsible for me being unable to stop.

Welcome aboard Rick!
Wow. Thank you. Still humbled at all the attention, and still having fun making stuff!

Welcome. Your Hot Holder looks better than my drilling holes in particle board and filling them with Silly Putty to hold parts . . .

Hmmm. Talk to me off list about how you might sell a gazillion to ham radio operators. :) James/ K8JHR

Welcome. Your Hot Holder looks better than my drilling holes in particle board and filling them with Silly Putty to hold parts . . .

Hmmm. Talk to me off list about how you might sell a gazillion to ham radio operators. :) James/ K8JHR
Brand new to this group. Not here to sell.
I don't know how to contact you off-list or DM you. Your website has no contact info. Contact me thru my website?
I approached the HAM Radio Outlet chain in 2021, but they had ZERO interest in even trying a few on the shelf to get some feedback. I'm the designer, so custom/specific voids for HAM are totally doable.

Brand new to this group. Not here to sell.
I don't know how to contact you off-list or DM you. Your website has no contact info. Contact me thru my website?
I approached the HAM Radio Outlet chain in 2021, but they had ZERO interest in even trying a few on the shelf to get some feedback. I'm the designer, so custom/specific voids for HAM are totally doable.
Yes, I'd pick up bunch to trade at HAM fests
📻📡🆘 Ken Mort/KC2WDI

Back