Ioaudio mk47 problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgerarnold

Hello,

This is one of my first posts here so I'm sorry if I'm make any faux pases.

I recently bought a ioaudio mk47 from someone who made it. It has a point to point psu and a beeznees capsule.
After the seller telling me it was quiet, when I tried it i found it to be noisy.
Initially the noise would go after 30-40 mins and the mic sounded great.
I told the problem to the seller/builder and he suspected the valves and sent me some more but still the same problem.
All valves at this point are general electric.
Still suspecting the valves, the seller sent me some more valves, this time philips.
the philips were clean to begin with and then after a few times of using them they became noisy.
I returned to the general electric ones but now the mic is noisy regardless of how long the mic is warmed up.
I bought some more valves to test further, RCA 408a nos.
I put them in and the mic is still noisy.
I'm beginning to suspect that it might not be the valves at all.
I tested the voltage in the psu and it seems correct. 105v

Does anyone have experience with noisy mk47s?
Could it be a faulty capsule perhaps?
What would you test if you were in this situation?
Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Cheers.

If you go to the microphone section of this forum and search for MK47 you will find a whole thread on this mic.  Maybe you could look there.  Someone else may have had the same sort of issue you're experiencing.    You may have done better to post your issue on that thread, becaue that keeps all the information to do with that project in the same place for other peoples benefit.

Rob Flinn said:
If you go to the microphone section of this forum and search for MK47 you will find a whole thread on this mic.  Maybe you could look there.  Someone else may have had the same sort of issue you're experiencing.    You may have done better to post your issue on that thread, becaue that keeps all the information to do with that project in the same place for other peoples benefit.

Thank you I'll do that.

Latest posts

Back