IPR 5000 PEAVEY Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here the schematic provided from peavey.

Well, a BIG APPLAUSE to Peavey!!!!!!

Rarely I get a schematic to repair a piece of equipment directly from the company. I always contact them first but 90% of times they reject to provide or sell the schematic

As Service Manuals seem also to be something that is disapearing
I did have no such a good luck, I need the very same schematic diagram so I contacted Peavey and their response was "We don´t provide schematics, you need to send your amp to an authorized Peavey service".

Interesting that was after my time... I need to soak it in beer.
===
The JDB signature is JD Bennet, a pretty well know Crest big amp designer who went to work at Peavey years before Peavey purchased Crest. I knew him and worked (argued) with him a few times last century (mainly about cost analysis) on new amp designs.

The OTA in the input stage looks like the traditional Peavey DDT (clip limiting) circuit... So it detects when the amp output is not correct and reduces the input signal level. That circuit may be working as intended and triggering because the amp output is not tracking.

IR is major switching FET manufacturer so logical they would make a driver and other glue circuitry to drive the big dog switching devices. Those high-voltage high-current parts were not available back last century when Peavey was trying to make cost effective class D amps. Looks like they nailed (after I left :mad: ). Since a handful of companies have come out with similar high power/low cost amps I suspect the secret sauce is new generation modern devices and/or some associated IR driver technology (guess).

JR

Here the schematic provided from peavey.

opacheco
GD to all. I am looking at a IPR2-7500 and ipr2-5000 with both amp having the same issue. when the amps is on it start for 1 seconds and back turn off again. I email peavey over 3 weeks for the service manual with no response. can anyone pls post the info. the 1 here I can't see the details like parts numbers and location.

GD to all. I am looking at a IPR2-7500 and ipr2-5000 with both amp having the same issue. when the amps is on it start for 1 seconds and back turn off again. I email peavey over 3 weeks for the service manual with no response. can anyone pls post the info. the 1 here I can't see the details like parts numbers and location.
Hi Michal, I got it the same problem you resolve the problem and do you know exactly what is the problem with amplifier? If yes, please let me know thank you so much

hi
did you manage to repair this unit? im have having same issues..IPR2 5000 switches on for 1 sec and off.please share the problem

I also had some issues with a pair of IPR 7500s, after a few back and fourths with Peavey they seem to be fine. I sent them in to be repaired as my thoughts were if the manufacturer was still supporting the product then who better to have the amp serviced by. The repairs were actually pretty reasonable cost wise.

Back