Irish health service user data breach

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Ive been rattleing on like an ould tin can for years about data protection and it seems like the inevitable has happened .
A ransomware attack , 20 milion euros demanded, at stake, well thats only just coming to light.

By the looks its names , adresses ,phone numbers, email , public service code and the icing on the cake , medical histories and files relating to investigations
into child welfare . the full extent remains to be seen.

One side of the rainbow coalition government , those responsible for a dereliction of their duty in relation to the rights to privacy of its citizens in the modern FB Tw GGL era cry foul about the nature of the crime , the other side who screwed this country into the ground for most of the time since the foundation of the state with a consillutory tone and slightly smacked in the puss look on their face . I detected an echo of my own words from a meeting I had around two years ago with former leader of the opposition now present Taoseach on tonights main state news broadcast .

'Whats the value of our personal data , priceless , whats the worth ,I dont know, its up for auction as we speak ' .In related news the main suspects in terms of social media/advertising made loud representations to the irish government today for stay of execution against proposed tough new rules governing their conduct over the entire EU .

David.

Last edited:
Too bad to hear that David, thats the same thing I am worrying about, my goverment wants biometrics and info for every cellphone user, IMHO its just a potential catastrophe like the one you mentioned.

Its seems already a customers data has been used for marketing purposes , a patient was contacted by a private medical company offering them a procedure they'd been waiting on from state services . They say prosecutions under GDPR legislation are likely for companies who have used data this way , a large number of civil cases against the Health Executive is expected also.

Back