Is it possible to mod a direct out/insert from pre-EQ to post-EQ in a mini mixer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilipMarlowe

Hey there,

I have a great broadcast mixer that is unfortunately a bit limited for multitrack recording. I would like to mod the insert points I use for multitrack recording as direct outs with EQ in the signal path, so that I can tweak each channel before it goes in the box.
Is it possible to do this when I have schematics on hand, and if yes, what is important to keep in mind? I've read up on other mixers and it seems one should add capacitors and resistors if attempting this mod.
Thank you. I'm very appreciative of having learned alot of DIY knowledge on this forum.

Post schematics, and let's discuss possibilities..

/Jakob E.
Unfortunately the schematics available online have been weirdly formatted due to an html bug or something so they are kinda busted. I hope they still make sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 20.07.47.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 20.07.47.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 20.05.25.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 20.05.25.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 20.12.17.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 20.12.17.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 2
I believe the abbreviation "TRI" Means trittschallfilter, which is the low cut filter located before the direct out/insert points. The EQ and aux send is post insert point. However I'm not that familiar with schematic terminology so it might mean something else entirely.
The channels themselves are all modular, and they look pretty simple as far as components on the PCB goes. The pcb is also just one layer.

Here is a picture of a channel.

Attachments

• ra1ajshxa02p4p2fy1jk.jpeg
    ra1ajshxa02p4p2fy1jk.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 0
Perhaps, but not easily... Properly executed insert sends need to referenced to the send jack ground and isolated from capacitive loads. Likewise inserts are differential from that insert jack ground. Taking the insert from other circuit nodes may not be suitable drivers, or differential.

JR

Back